This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

Are there a lot of games for the PS4 already?

Yeah, this. As much as I want a freebie PS4 game each month, there isn’t much of a catalog to pick from currently. Anything they put up this early is essentially a game that is putting itself out for free at its launch. I am more than happy to pick up more Vita and PS3 stuff for now as long as it is still as good of an offering as it has been.

Anyone know how long Golden Abyss will be available for free download? I have a code for the game for free but I found out it fucks up their system (it uses up your code but doesn’t give you a permanent copy) if you already have a PS+ copy on your account. I can’t reuse the code because I already redeemed it. I just want to know how long I have to get this fixed with PS+ no-customer service (been trying for a week to get this fixed) because I could end up with no game at all :(

Golden Abyss has been perpetually free since they launched their instant game collection

I’m sure it will eventually be replaced but since there’s relatively few AAA Vita games around it will be apart of PS+ for awhile still.

Agreed there aren’t a lot of ps4 games out there, that’s not up for debate. Just I thought Sony promised one a month and now seems to be reneging, will hafta google it…

I’m sorry, where does that say there’d be lots of PS4 games right out of the gate?

Not to mention that the PS4 hasn’t been out a month yet. But honestly until there is a larger library of PS4 games I wouldn’t expect the free games to be rolling with a monthly title yet. And they could just claim you got two free games already and they’re going to average one a month.

Has anyone else here dealt with Sony customer service? This is my first time and I have to tell you they are one of the worst fucking companies I’ve ever dealt with. They told me to call back again tomorrow and that will be the 4th rep I’ve dealt with.

I dealt with them way back when my original 60GB PS3 died. But I didn’t have a problem, just called and they did the prompted checklist to test the PS3 and then sent me a coffin to send it in to repair and received it back a few weeks later. That sounds really terrible what you’re having to deal with and it’s kind of always my fear with these code cards. What happens if for some reason it doesn’t work.

I’m sure the problem is the releases of the indie games they were counting on have been slipping. I think the ones promised were Secret Ponchos, Outlast and Don’t Starve, but I’m not sure any will make this year. But if you’re PS Plus you can cash in the Star Wars Pinball tables now and get those upgraded to PS4 for free on December 17th when Zen Pinball 2 launches on the system.

Oh wow! Fantastic. Thanks for pointing that out!

Can I get them on the vita or do I have to download to the PS3 to qualify for the PS4 upgrade?

I think they are ‘cross buy’ where the vita download triggers the ps3 license too, but check the store to make sure. I am almost positive it lists the ps3 version in my list of crap on the vita and just says ‘cant download on vita’ or something, right next to the listing for the vita version.

And as an addition to Scott’s question: Can I get them somehow even though I don’t own either a PS3 or a Vita? The pinball tables part of PS+, I mean?

You have them on the Vita too. :)

Download only the “Starwars Pinball” over there instead of Zen Pinball 2. That package includes the Avengers table demos too, which take up precious memory card space - unless you’ve been a PS+ member for a long time. I think membership used to include the core tables & Marvel set and those might be cross-platform.

Yeah, activate them on your computer at the website. I think they’re going away in a couple weeks so don’t forget!

Soul Sacrifice will be on PS+ for Europe too, on Christmas Eve.
Leaving PS Plus:
24th December: Grid 2
24th December: Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
24th December: Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed
8th January: Contrast
Entering PS Plus:
24th December: DmC Devil May Cry (PS3)
24th December: Borderlands 2 (PS3)
24th December: Soul Sacrifice (Vita)
24th December: Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (Vita)
8th January: Don’t Starve (PS4)

Not a bad month; I’m eyeing DmC as well. I wonder how much longer I can resist the urge to subscribe - I dislike the idea of renting my games, but that attitude is costing me.

Holy hell Don’t Starve! Can’t wait to play that on my vita via remote play.

I think that’s Euro PS+, SD

: (

I think their grass is greener, too.