This is what happens when a Twitch streamer gets "swatted"

This is why I don’t understand people that buy katanas and shit. How can you own RPGs and spear guns and stuff and not want to take them off the wall every day and test them out?

It’s like signing yourself up for perpetual blue balls.

You made me nervous for a second. I thought you were talking about video games.

Also, disclaimer: My brother is a cop. He’s been stewing in some sort of slow rage for a decade at least now.

Ha right. Too many officers don’t care. Take a look at Philip Brailsford as he slaughtered an innocent man in a hallway. He had Punisher logos on his gun, car, and tattoos on his body, he also had etchings on his gun that said “you’re fucked”, facebook posts about using brutal force in any manner he’d like, and basically surrounded himself with stuff that screams, “I can’t wait to kill people!”

If you saw the video of the shooting, and honestly it wasn’t a “shooting” - it was an execution, the guy offered no threat, was crying and pleading for his life, and he Phillip Brailsford still viciously umped bullets into him. It is one of the most horrible and disturbing things I have ever seen in my life. If you want to ruin your next week, watch that whole thing.

I have no plans to watch that video but if it’s what you say he is a psychopath. Most people aren’t.

What’s horrendous is that he wasn’t convicted of murder, and when he was finally let go due to not following police regulation or however they termed it, he was picked right back up again by another police force. Who knows an individual is psychopath and says, “that’s our guy?” and his job is to “protect and serve”. So messed up.

Wow, that was a planned murder via confusion. I read on Wikipedia that the department that protected him recently rehired that guy back so they could give him a retirement pension, too.

And the only place in our society that allows people to use force on a regular basis is going to attract a disproportionate number of people like that. A just and sane society would screen for people like that, but it was long ago made clear to me that the society we live in is neither.

And most cops aren’t either.
Maybe things are different here in North Dakota, but I’ve known many cops during my lifetime, and 100% of the ones I’ve known personally have been decent human beings.

Being pulled over numerous times by cops over the years by cops that I have not known personally, that figure drops from 100% down to about 85%, as I’ve run across some cops who were quite a bit more authoritarian than necessary, but by and large still pretty decent human beings who I would have a very difficult time believing would shoot someone unless they believed no other option were possible.

But we don’t have a great deal of violent crime here, so my anecdotal evidence may be worth even less than usual.

See, I’ve just never experienced this kind of person. I mean, I know full well they exist, but not in huge numbers. For example:

Years ago, my girlfriend, a buddy and I went out to a non-official gun range outside of town a few miles. It’s just a clearing with a big hill or cliff that you put your targets up against. During the summer, there are quite a few people that go there with their handguns. This day, there were maybe a dozen people lined up, firing at their targets.

It may be an unofficial range, but there is order. I mean, people would all go and change their target sheets at the same time so you wouldn’t have people out wandering around out there.

Then, out from the nearby underbrush, a big old rattlesnake came slithering out. My girlfriend called, “Watch out. Snake.” We all stood back and it went between us and out into the target area. It was a large snake.

My point is that it was big enough that it looked pretty fearsome, so you’d think that with all of those guys out there toting big handguns that at least one of them would have taken a shot at it. But no one did. Everyone just stood back until it went into the brush on the other side of the clearing, and then went back to shooting targets.

My girlfriend had even gone back to the car, as she was certain someone was going to kill it, and didn’t want to see it. She was amazed when nothing happened.

Sorry, I was off my meds most of today, and nobody really cares about my opinions anyway.

Fine. I won’t ask you to elaborate then. :)

WICHITA, Kan. — An Ohio gamer upset about a $1.50 bet while playing Call of Duty: WWII online was sentenced Friday to 15 months in prison for recruiting a prankster to make a bogus emergency call that resulted in the fatal shooting of a Kansas man by police.

Casey Viner, 19, of North College Hill, Ohio, also is restricted from gaming activity for two years

Only 15 months? I’m way more upset about this than Felicity Huffman getting 14 days.

I mean, good, but two years seems light for causing someone’s death.

However it seems US sentencing guidelines have 12 months as minimum and 8 years maximum based on a cursory Google.

Isn’t this the guy who called the other guy? It really doesn’t seem like enough. If they’d hired a contract killer this would be a light higher, but they put the police forward instead. It’s just… he gets to go home one day and the other family lost their loved one.

2 years with no gaming is pretty harsh. /s

When you read the local article about the sentence, you will discover that the DA wanted him to get two years of probation and pay $2500 in “restitution” to the family.

The judge, to his credit, said ‘naw’.

EDIT: also, important to note, Casey Viner is white.

I got a virus alert and temporarily lost control of my browser (Chrome) by clicking that link. Just a warning.

Um, k. It’s a link to the Wichita Eagle, so use your best judgment, I guess.

Many local news sites are absolute dogshit. It wouldn’t surprise me if: a.) they’d been hijacked in some way to inject something slightly malignant or, b.) their code was such a dog’s breakfast that it acts in some way like a hijacker’s would.