This thread is for your chill, relaxing vibe games:

It’s fall now and the season of Pumpkin Spice. What are others playing to relax?

Absolute Zen
Alba: A Wildlife Adventure
art of rally
Behind the Frame
Carto
Cozy Grove
Donut Country
Dorfromantik
The First Tree
Flower
Frog Detective 1, Frog Detective 2
Garden Story
GNOG
GRIS
Hokko Life
Islanders
Journey
LocoRoco, LocoRoco 2
Katamari Damacy Reroll
Mini Metro
Monster Sanctuary
Monster Harvest
My Time at Portia
Ooblets
Pikuniku
Recettear
Shatter
A Short Hike
Stardew Valley
Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town
Sun Haven
Superflight
Tetris Effect Connected
Townscapers
Wattam
What the Golf?

(I don’t have a Switch so don’t play Animal Crossing)

For me, to relax, I play one or more of the following:

Final Fantasy XIV
Bloody Rally Show
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
LOGistICAL
DOOM with random maps

A lot of the above, and…

Flow
Microsoft Flight Simulator

Is Flow only on Playstation? I can’t recall.

Train Simulator. Always Train Simulator.

Kerbal Space Program. I just pull out the trusty Kerbal X and fly to the Mun and back.

Lately I’ve been enjoying Baba Is You on mobile as well when I get a spare moment.

Did you actually play all those??

I think A Short Hike is a very nice little game, though you mentioned it. Wide Ocean, Big Jacket isn’t much of a “game,” but it was quite chill. Would have been a good short animated film, I think.

A-Train: All Aboard Tourism is a very chill game, too, but you don’t have a Switch.

Oh. Oh, hoho, maybe now I will finally play this game everyone was talking about two years ago (story of my life).

Yes, I’ve bought and spun up at least once on most of them (some are still Early Access) !

The mobile implementation is really good. I didn’t feel bad about buying it twice. I’d say it’s even better on mobile actually, because it fits well in between other tasks. You try something for a minute, then let it bubble in your brain while washing the dishes or something.

American Truck Simulator and X-Plane are the main ones for me, but the Switch A-Train game is also there as a very particular “warmy” pleasure.
Oh, and Dragon Quest XI.

But I’ll confess when I’m really, really in need of relaxing, I grab one of my absolute favourite books: Proust’s A la recherche du temps perdu or Cao Xueqin’s Dream in the Red Chamber. No game can come close to the comfiness they provide me with.

My current goto relaxing games are:
GTA Online - yes really. I drive around in my bulletproof car ferrying supplies to my various businesses. It’s pretty relaxing :D
No Man’s Sky - the epitome of chilled out gaming. Fly around in my spaceship visiting cool and wonderful worlds
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - put on some music and drive, drive, drive.
Genshin Impact - OMG the world is eye-poppingly beautiful. Why does this game not get more love on QT3?

Boycotting this one on account of being made in mainland China and resenting its look of “faux anime” as per the objections to Netflix’s animated adaptations of things (Witcher, Monster Hunter) being made outside of Japan in South Korea and mainland China. I also don’t like the look of RWBY for this reason.

But anime is just faux belgian-frecnh comics, which is just faux art deco which is just…
Also anime have been made outside of Japan since 1997, if anything the Japanese don’t know how to draw themselves anymore - spoiler: it’s all computers anymore.

Yeah, I know I’m being petty and racist.

But anime is just faux belgian-frecnh comics, which is just faux art deco which is just…

…faux Japanese, right? IIRC Europe in the late 19th century was heavily influenced by Japanese prints they were seeing for the first time.

IMO art is supposed to be stolen and remixed.

Anyway, my favorite chill vibe game is probably Unreal.

The word used at the time was “Japonisme”.

Minecraft and Dragon Quest Builders 2 are pretty relaxing.

I’ll add:

Gorogoa
rymdkapsel
Defense of the Oasis
Grow Home
Pinball FX
Glass Masquerade
Hero of the Kingdom
Golf on Mars

I bought this on Vita but have misplaced my Vita. Is it on Steam?

Yep! And iOS.