This thread is for your chill, relaxing vibe games:

Yeah I mean, it’s pretty much going to be puzzle games for me. I love the Professor Layton games, The Witness, Return of Obra Dinn, pretty much all of Artifex Mundi’s hidden object games, stuff like that. Also Plants vs Zombies on my phone, I’ll whip that out if I’ve got five minutes to kill.

No Man’s Sky

For years it was Mount and Blade Warband

That’s some heavy reading! Respect.

Waking Mars
80 Days

Also, Just Cause 2 can be a nice release after a really stressful day. Just cause some chaos.

That’s where I play it. Bought it on PS3 and it’s followed me across PS4 and 5. :)

I think it started out as a Flash game, though.

If you’re into puzzle games at all, the Hexcells series is very chill - the sound effects when you remove squares are super nice. The game is like mine sweeper, but good.

It’s actually the lightest reading I can think of. And probably the literature equivalent of open world games, although I dislike that genre.

I’ve been playing Mini Motorways to chill out recently.

For me (and I know this isn’t for everyone) I relax with sports management games, particularly Out of the Park baseball. I find it strangely relaxing to tweaks rosters, lineups, scour for free agents etc. I rarely if ever play out individual games. Last night I spent a couple of hours promoting/demoting players in advance of Opening Day for my major league, AAA, AA and A teams.

I don’t think that is weird. I almost listed FM for the same reasons. But I decided that perhaps it wasn’t chill even if I find it relaxing.

Interesting, I kind of avoided it because I found mini Metro super stressy

This is out today.

Yeah, that one’s been on my radar for a while. The demo was pretty cool.

No Man’s Sky, probably number one.

Diablo 3, for brainless, soothing demon slaughter.

Ark on a private server used to be right up there, since you’d spend most of the time dorking around building weird crap and managing critters. But that eventually got old without an ultimate goal.

Some upcoming craft-heavy stuff like New World and Icarus might become my new silly craft-venture staples depending.

Skyrim, for sure. Also American Truck Simulator, theHunter Call of the Wild, and No Man’s Sky.

Raft is also a pretty good chill game, though it starts out a bit frantic.