Through the Ages tournament

Yeah, an outlier to say the least. I got the achievement for scoring 300+ points for that game, there isn’t one for anything higher.

I was pretty frustrated by the Chappers AI towards the end. I offered them the pact that protects them from wars twice and got refused both times, and I think after the second one was when Rho got the huge war on culture with them.

Though, on the upside, if they had accepted, Rho would have probably hit me with that war and I wouldn’t have gotten second place. So I take it back. Good move AI!

First pass through the new cards. The leaders don’t seem as excitingly overpowered as in the core game. But one thing I like is they seem more “balanced” in their focus and a bit less all in on one strategy. Like my age 2 leader gave a pretty big boost for theaters and for military.

I’m excited to play again, but unlike in the base game, I didn’t leave that with any really clear strategy I want to try next game. Maybe the leaders being less focused is why?

I’m up for another game whenever!

If one of the game ones has ended, I’ll start up the next round soon!

My strategy is don’t start fourth.

I’ll start the next round tonight or tomorrow!

Thanks!

Round 2 of 4

@Dave_Perkins (AnanabTilps)
@porousnapkin
@Thraeg
@rho21

@Otthegreat
@justaguy2 (windmeal)
@Chappers (Chappers_UK)
@RothdaTheTruculent (aultridia)

Someone let us know when a game is created!

I started ours!

If anyone wants to stop, by the way, we have a sub (@geggis).

I created the other game

Awesome!

If I’m 4th again though I’m going to have to split a banana!

Don’t believe in such conspiracy theories!

I can sub! I’m ‘geggis’ in-game.

Dagnabbit and shoot a monkey, I’m 4th again.

Is it just me or does the Empire State Building wonder seem broken? You measure 5 factors against other players, and for each that is greater than any other player, you get 8 culture. Sooo…max of 40 culture from one wonder? In larger 3-4 player games, it’s not very difficult to be ahead of at least one other player in all of the outputs.

It’s each that’s (strictly) greater than all other players. They could definitely have phrased it better.

Hmm…the wording on the digital card says, “greater than anyone else”. Grammatically, that would mean greater than any ONE player.

But I just saw someone fire it off and it only scored 8 per greatest.

“I’m taller than anyone else at this party.”

Does this mean…

a) I’m taller than all other people at this party

or

b) I’m taller than at least one person at this party