Tiger King? More like Elephant Emperor! Let's play John Company

£1 isn’t enough to sail in Madras.

Don’t suppose you’d care to campaign first would you?

£2 then? The minimum amount needed to roll one die.

Ye olde Company ship has already sunk, now is the time to evacuate without being dragged under the waves.

There are two shares belonging to one player, the company cannot collapse.

Either that or I’ve misunderstood and very badly misplayed this turn. :)

Roll: 4. Failure, but not catastrophic. @Diddums, any further actions? If not, @Kolbex can act for the Maratha Residency.

No further actions from Madras.

@Kolbex is up

The Maratha residency has no available actions. @Lantz should be up, as president of Bengal.

Ah yes, there’s nowhere to conquer from there.

But I…

fine

Can someone give me a hand on what I can conquer? I am a bit confused.

Unfortunately, nothing at the moment. You could only take Bengal, but that has already been conquered by another presidency. Each presidency can only conquer its namesake, and then any further expansion is by the governors of those provinces.

You can open trade and then sail, but both are pointless as I understand it.

I was just looking to see if there was something I was missing but seems like not.

Nothing @Cuthbert

Welp, sorry this last turn wasn’t very exciting. Company has no revenue and 14 expenses, has to take on three debt. Company can’t pay dividends, all cubes on the Board of Directors are removed except one from @rho21. All Executives retire, may score at +$2.
That’s
@Diddums x2
@rho21
@Lantz
@CF_Kane

Everyone has received their money (except for Investment Bank, which happens at the end of Attrition.) I’m assuming @Kolbex is embezzling, let me know if that’s incorrect.

So, uh, I feel a little sheepish admitting this but I don’t really know what you mean. I know it’s come up before but I glossed over it because it didn’t concern me, but the words “embezzle” or “embezzlement” don’t show up in the rules. I assume it means transferring a sum from my office to my coffers, but I can’t really find where in the rules this is covered.

@Cuthbert: That’s a Larkins cube, not mine. You have it right in the file.
Also only 1 Sykes to retire, as the first had that unfortunate shipping accident.

@Kolbex: it’s referring to what you do with the tax income from Maratha. There is £2 income. For each pound you may embezzle it to your family’s coffers, put it in the residency treasury or send it to the presidency treasury. I can’t really see a reason why you wouldn’t want the money for yourself here.

Yes please

What would you like to buy?

Sorry, were you not the director of trade? That’s an executive office.