Titan Quest

I tired like hell to get them to address piercing when I was doing QA for TQ, and they actually did. If you can imagine it, at one point, the piercing damage was much worse.

Great game, but wildly uneven.

Try turning off vsync and use nvidia’s adaptive vsync in their control panel. If you need more performance turn the lighting to low, it will get you all you need.

Odd. I would expect triple buffer to make/break judder but not the rest.

If you want to dick with it more make sure you have vsync off and working by reaching a framerate > 60 (assuming your monitor is running at 60hz). Different things like the nvidia control panel can force it on, as can other apps including the game itself. Once you have that working and nothing is forcing vsync then you can start trying to debug the judder issue.

No judder for me, it’s locked at 60fps for me but I did put lighting on low because in big fights my current character puts on quite the light show.

So I decided to start fresh with TQ : Anniversary, and now I’m hooked all over again.

I’m attempting a playthrough as a Conqueror (Warfare / Defense). Anyone have a link to solid advice on such a build, specifically how to progress in skill point allocation? For stat point allocation I’ve been pumping STR and DEX with a point each at most level ups (currently 14th level), unless there was a shiny piece of gear that required both points to one stat for me to be able to use. But for skills I am at a loss as to how to proceed for maximum effect.

So far I’ve put several points into both Warfare and Defense general trees to unlock second tier skills and boost my stats and health. For skills I maxxed Onslaught and Weapon Training in Warfare and built Batter to 50% (6 of 12) and Armor Handling to max in Defense. I know I want to avoid Dual Wield as Defense skills are mainly shield-based, but I’m looking for a primer on how to allocate as I go so as to maximize my damage and survivability. With constant equipment upgrading through loot drops, greens/blues and applying relics/charms I’m doing fairly well, only dying to the Cyclops once and a few other times when groups of tougher mobs overwhelmed me. It’s all about equipment when you’re melee…got to maximize defense and DPS.

Thank you @Enidigm! That video showed exactly what I was after: which trees to avoid altogether and which to max out, and what skills might be useful to have a point in here and there. I popped over to Delphi, reallocated a couple of skill points, then spent the other half dozen or so I’d been saving up, and went on to crush the next area and beat the Gorgons without dying.

Hopefully there are some QT3ers not completely played out on this (agaim) yet. It is my selection for this season of The QT3 Classic Game Club: Qt3 Classic Game Club #41: Titan Quest

Is it s a case of my Spellbreaker sucking, or did Act IV get a lot more difficult? I was was breezing through the first 3 acts, and was getting a little bored because it was too easy. Typhoon gave me some trouble, but more due to me being impatient. Then I get to Act IV and I keep dying. It is actually more fun, because it’s a challenge now, but some of the bosses are killing me in 2-3 shots.

While I am enjoying playing the game again, I love the setting, it really makes me want to play Grim Dawn. The interface and systems really aren’t as smooth as the newer game.

Yep, there is a bump in difficulty (necessary) upon Act IV, but aside from a boss battle or two providing extra challenge, you’ll pretty much settle into the same rhythm that brought you through the first three Acts, Typhon aside.

I assume you’re playing the 10th anniversary edition? I didn’t have any problems on my Windows 10 machine with the 10th anniversary edition.

Me too, game works fine on my Windows 10 64 bit laptop. Very strange.

I also could not get the game to launch without disabling the Steam Overlay by renaming/moving the following files from the Steam root directory:

GameOverlayRenderer.dll
GameOverlayRenderer64.dll

Otherwise it would just consistently hang with a black screen on launch.

Just remember to put the files back, otherwise the overlay won’t work for any game. They are also required for Steam Link to function.

Cant you go into properties for the game and disable overlay?

Or does it do what I suspect, and still inject it even if it isn’t used.

My only issue with performance has been the occasional freeze up for about a second, and then the game runs at a faster speed for a second to catch up. Annoying, but it doesn’t happen enough to be too much of a concern.

I was going to go back to GD, but started playing around with a caster and stuck with it. Playing pure Storm and finding that by Act IV my offense is great, but I have zero defensive skills and monsters are incredibly fast at this point. Trying to get the one class achievement at this point, but it went from being much easier than a melee character, to much more difficult. Still fun though.

No, I don’t think so, but to be fair, I can’t get the game to launch now no matter what I do.

TQ:AE added a “Windows 10 compatibility mode” launch option in Steam shortly after it came out. Using that solved the problem I had where there was no mouse cursor.

Are they running a new engine on this version, it looks a lot better than I can remember it doing?

Yeah, it’s been graphically updated.

Same engine though.

This game almost seems broken on higher difficulties. I started playing Epic difficulty with my Storm/Nature (Druid) character. Shes a heavy caster (played Normal with only Storm), so she she has powerful spells, but can’t take a hit. I have been trying to get some pets to act as tank, but it’s slow going.

The problem is at epic difficulty you start off with -100 in all resistances. There is ton of gear available for elemental resistance, but gear for the less common stuff is incredibly rare (seems like only blue+ gear has it). At the end of the Act I you have to fight a Minotaur Lord who does high physical damage and slows. As I said, my character can’t take a hit, her pets can’t survive that long, and my slow resistance is really low. I can’t buy any gear from merchants to buff slow resistance. I can’t make any better artifacts because Epic has different relics/charms so all your normal relics are no longer good. You basically start from scratch unless you are just going to farm relics/charms to make artifacts. The end result was dying about a dozen times trying to kill this Minotaur because there was no way to increase my slow resistance.

Is it just me with another broken character or is the balance off? That said, Act I on Epic hasn’t been bad at all otherwise, but this was frustrating.