Titanfall 2 - Maybe this time it will retain players?

I finished the single player campaign. I am bawling.

So after watching all of the credits for the campaign, because of course there’s an after credits scene, I jumped into multiplayer for the first time. Matchmaking put me in two attrition matches, and I had a great time. Got a a titan kill, a bunch of grunt kills, a couple of player kills, and died a LOT. Had a great time though.

After reading geggis’ post above, I used an Ion load out to finish the final boss fight, so I used it here too. Fairly effective! I honestly can’t wait to play more!

Brian, I’ll not be around for the next two weeks so who knows whether you’ll still be playing the MP then, but add me on Origin. I should be geggis, geggiis or geggiiis (I can never remember across all these platforms). My avatar will look like this though:

It’s this one! Request sent!

So…I’m not obsessed…nope…

Yes, it’s surprisingly effective, isn’t it?

I mean, it’s no Duty Calls.

Oh god yes. The sting in the end credit scene only lessened the pain a tiny bit.

People keep telling me that the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare campaign is just as good or better, which I find INSANELY difficult to believe.

It gets close (I love the fighter missions), but Titanfall 2 is better (more effective story, more engaging characters, better controls and action, good boss fights, etc.). In my opinion. But Infinite Warfare is definitely no slouch, and if you liked Titanfall 2 I’m pretty sure you’d like this latest COD, too.

Infinite Warfare had a great campaign, but it was very traditional CoD-style gameplay with just a some cool twists, a neat story, etc.

It’s great, probably my favorite in years, but it definitely doesn’t hold up to Titanfall 2’s campaign.

Yeah, I couldn’t imagine it was up to Titanfall 2’s level. I think the last time I played an FPS with a campaign this good and engaging was Jedi Knight.

Admittedly I’m still playing through Singularity and TimeShift, both of which are pretty good, but they’re missing BT, really. I also hear the new Doom is great, but again the lack of BT makes me suspect on its greatness.

Infinite Warfare doesn’t hit the highs of the campaign in Titanfall 2 in terms of gameplay/story connection, but it has some really great moments. There is another robot pal character in IW that is endearing as well. There is a really awesome moment with that character as well. IW does a really good job of being brutal, it felt like a Battlestar Galactica kind of vibe. People thrown into positions of power, destroyed fleet, etc. I like the main characters of IW quite a bit, and the flight combat sections are not particularly simulator-like, but they do a lot of cool stuff.

For instance, when you go out on missions (that you choose from a Mass Effect Style Map), you suit up in the armory and head to the flight deck, and you do the same 3,2,1 launch that boosts you out of your capital ship into the combat zone. And every mission ends with you landing aircraft-carrier style back on deck.

Not to mention you are the combat promoted captain of the vessel, and it really empowers you as a player, as you have all of these people on the ship looking up to you, when you know that the odds are long, and that you (as a player and a character) are new to all of this. And there is a maniac attacking cities, killing civilians, etc. It kind of has a neat Gundam vibe (colonists vs earth)

I think it would be tough for me to pick one over the other, but I think I prefer the hard military sci-fi of Infiinte Warfare, over the story in Titanfall 2.

And… uhh… have you seen “Stealth” because the ending is basically the same as Titanfall 2.

Gannon eventually finds the injured and embattled Wade near the border between North and South Korea. He and EDI land and he goes to her aid. The two make a run for the border, chased by Korean People’s Army soldiers and a Mil Mi-8 helicopter. Out of ammunition and taking damage from the Mi-8, the EDI sacrifices itself by ramming the helicopter, destroying both. This allows Gannon and Wade to escape into South Korea, where they are found by US military forces soon afterwards. After attending Purcell’s funeral aboard the Abraham Lincoln, Gannon awkwardly expresses his feelings of love to Wade. In a post-credits scene, the camera pans over the debris-strewn scene on the border between the Koreas. EDI’s “brain” turns back on, implying it is still functional.

EDIT: STEALTH SPOILERS

I think you’re treading into spoiler territory with that one.

I guess, Stealth is a pretty hot property right now.

Yeah but I mean, come on. It’s Stealth.

I never saw Stealth.

If you want a really bad action movie/sci fi frankenstein film from the mid-2000’s about a sentient fighter jet AI, this is your flick. Man, I kind of want to watch Stealth again now.

And now you don’t have to. Seriously, you’ve been done a service.

No, I meant you’re basically giving away the ending of Titanfall 2.

Edit: Good to go now.

I’ll watch Mammoth with the wonderful Vincent Ventresca and the cromulent Summer Glau.