Titanfall 2 - Maybe this time it will retain players?

Here is FrothyOmen’s initial take on the Monarch. Looks like an interesting middle weight titan.

This is just his initial take, not a real guide, but it’s useful because it lists all of the titan’s abilities in detail. I suspect he’ll come out with a guide eventually.

For those unfamiliar with him, FrothyOmen is a top level Titanfall player who makes exceptionally good guides for the game. His guides, especially on the different titans, will make you way better at the game.

Thanks! I’ll have to watch some of his vids.

Same! Thanks for the reminder Timex.

Free MP, and partial campaign week until 6/18 (though they are smart not to include the best levels of the campaign, IMHO)

Maybe that is why I was doing so good tonight, ranked up from 11 to 15. :D

It is a fun game, also the cosmetic DLC prices are reasonable!

I didn’t know you owned TF2 m’lord. Add me as a friend on Origin, we should co-op some time.

Played some TF2 with @lordkosc and a friend last night. I don’t think we won a single match all evening but the last couple of games were so close. I had some exceptionally rough games (K/D 1:18 on PvP!), switching from the R-97 to the Flatline then getting into a groove with the L-Star ending with MVP on our last game. That’s a cracking weapon. Anyway, gg kosc, looking forward to playing with you again soon.

Yes sir , more free time next week.

I am enjoying this game far more now than I did at release, when I was all in Battlefield 1 mindset.

Woohoo!

The L-Star is a weird weapon. It puts out a ton of damage, and doesn’t need to reload, but its bullets aren’t hitscan and it feels kind of floaty.

One thing to bear in mind with a weapon like the R-97 (which is a good gun), is that all the SMG’s have extremely accurate hipfire. That’s how they are meant to be used, rather than aiming down the sights.

I played some solo games for an hour last night on 24/7 Relic and smashed it with the L-Star. Had MVP a couple of times and was wrecking on most other levels. It’s definitely my jam at the moment. It turns pilots into jam.

I’ve been playing the solo campaign and I’ve been digging it. You guys said it was cool and you did not lead me astray. I just did the mission where you align the big radar dish and send a message to the fleet so I’m maybe 2/3 of the way done? But yeah, seems like a fairly short and sweet campaign - not a complaint.

I really need to find time to play more of this.

HAhaha, “Trust me.” Love it.

Yeah, BT is definitely the best part of the game, and not just because he’s a giant robot. Right after BT threw me I chose the dialogue option that I was going to need new underwear. BT replied, “Noted - adding to the requisition list for the next supply drop.” I LOL’ed.

OMG hahahaha, brilliant. I should replay the campaign again soon. BT is the best. Isn’t that right buddy?

Yes, the campaign’s gameplay is brilliant in terms of things like level design (Really, that team has always been the kings of shooter level design, going back to the original COD) and gameplay mechanics, but in terms of the storyline and narrative, BT is what makes it click so well.

Make note to self, play campaign before starting PREY.

Wrapped up the campaign last night, and that was a really great run. I loved that overall, like the Modern Warfare campaigns, it was fairly short and sweet - didn’t overstay its welcome. I also loved that it clearly has an underlying lore and universe that it doesn’t waste time explaining to death. I imagine I could look up info on all the things that seem unclear and find explanations, and that’s good enough for me. Also impressed that the game was even a little bit touching. Nice relationship there between Jack and BT. What with a slightly ambiguous ending, I’m curious to see where they go from there.

“I will not lose another pilot.”

God dammit, I’m tearing up.

Another DLC pack coming next week.
Titan Brawl becomes a permanent mode.
Pilots can now carry 3 weapons, primary, secondary, and anti Titan.
2 new maps.

And apparently in July the is going to be a “huge” update.

This game has more free DLC than most games have paid DLC.