Titanfall 2 - Maybe this time it will retain players?

It’s half price right now on euro ps4 store.

You’d also think it will be better when it hits Origin Access soon, though I’m not sure how popular that program is.

No hard numbers, but I get the impression that on PC it’s a fraction of the people that use EA Access on consoles. I think generally lower prices on older PC games makes Origin Access less attractive to PC gamers.

You’ll pardon the nitpick I hope, but that would be console, singular. Unless Sony has changed its tune.

LOL. True.

So you console curmudgeons that have been saying “Oh la dee daaaah, I’d get this if it was on sale.” Well quit yer bellyaching because here you go you maniacs:

$13. Pre-owned. Walmart. Unless you really, really, really, really, really, realllly hate Walmart, you have no excuse now.

But I really, really, really, really, really, realllly hate Walmart. Also I already own Titanfall 2, and so should everybody else. But I also really, really, really, really, really, realllly hate Walmart.

I hate them too, but my love for Titanfall 2 eclipses my hatred of them. It’s that big.

Update is LIVE

Lots of new content.

Pretty major balance changes too:
GAME IMPROVEMENTS
Added more out of bounds triggers to Complex.
New stats page for maps, including tracking of Frontier Defense difficulty levels.
Visual improvements for Weapon and Titan stats pages.

TITAN BALANCE
General
Ogre class Titans now have a baseline of 1 dash with a 10 second cooldown.
Turbo Engine will now reduce cool down of Scorch and Legion’s dashes to 5 seconds. It will still behave the same as before for other Titan classes.
Overcore now gives 20% core meter.
Electric Smoke unlocks at 20% instead of 25%.
Ronin
Sword Block damage reduction reduced by 5%.
Scorch
Scorch will now have 1 dash charge with a 10 second cooldown.
Increased Firewall’s width.
Scorch Kits
Wildfire Launcher now increases the direct-hit damage of the Thermite Launcher. It still increases the amount of fire spread.
Scorched Earth’s lingering fire lasts longer.
Tempered Plating now makes Scorch immune to crits and his own thermite damage.
Fixed a bug with Flame Core not igniting Incendiary Traps.
Legion
Legion will now have 1 dash charge with a 10 second cooldown.
Hidden Compartment: Power Shot has two charges and Power Shot damage is reduced by 15%.
Monarch
XO-16 base magazine size increased to 40 rounds.
Reduced the strength of the slow effect of Energy Siphon.
Slightly reduced effectiveness of Arc Rounds against Vortex Shield and Heat Shield.
Multi-Target Missile System no longer locks onto cloaked targets.

PILOT BALANCE
General
Aim Assist settings have been modified for Assault Rifles and SMGs.
ARs and SMGs require you to be aiming closer to your target before any ADS assist takes effect.
Reduced the overall effectiveness of ADS assist for Assault Rifles.
Titan Hunter kit modified to be 10% extra Titan meter from damage instead of 10% Titan Meter on Titan Kill.
Phase Shift
Now has just 1 charge, but recharges faster.
SMG’s
Medium and long damage significantly reduced.
One of the positive changes we saw in the High TTK playlist was the increase of weapon diversity. It is our hope that between the Aim Assist nerf and this SMG nerf, we’ll see weapon diversity increased across all three platforms.
G2
Reduced fire rate.
DMR
Reduced fire rate: In this particular instance, we felt that the reduced fire rate simply made the gun feel better since the gun stabilizes better between shots.
Flatline
Slightly reduced damage at medium range. It still has the best medium range damage of any Assault Rifle.
Archer
No longer locks onto cloaked targets.
Smart Pistol
No longer locks onto cloaked targets.
Sidearms
High TTK playlist changes for the P2016, Wingman, Wingman Elite, and Mozambique have been brought over to bring their power level down now that all Pilots can carry a secondary weapon.
Melee
Lunge time and melee hit frames changed to .3 seconds from .2 seconds. This will help people firing weapons, particularly automatic weapons, get extra shots in before the lunge completes.
Melee lunge range reduced.
Non-lunge melee attack range increased. This will help with the cases where melee looks like it should hit but doesn’t connect with the target.

GAME MODE ADJUSTMENTS:
Various improvements to the UI for Private Match, including increased visibility of text chat on PC.

MISC BUG FIXES
Fixed issues with purchasable Nose Arts not showing up correctly on Titans.
Spectators in Marked for Death can no longer be marked for death.
(Xbox One) Buttons and pod doors in War Games intro sequence now play at the correct volume.
Titan Nose Arts flagged as Advocate Gift unlocks may now actually be awarded when opening Advocate Gifts.

I’m remoting into my PC to download it RIGHT NOW. SO EXCITED OMG.

1.62GB update. Not bad.

Got an odd error at the end of the installation but Origin says it’s all updated.

Yay, it’s there!! Can’t wait to play it when I get home!

Major things I’m noting:

1. Scorch seems to have gotten major upgrades, which he needed badly. The tempered plating kit is now extremely viable, as it removes his critical hit zones AND makes him immune to his own fire? So you can basically just drop fire all over the place while advancing, which makes him infinitely more dangerous.

2. Both scorch and legion got a built in turbo boost, albeit one which recharges at half speed compared to others. This is probably a decent change, as their lack of boost before meant that the turbo boost core ability was basically required for both those mechs.

3. SMG damage reduction at medium and long range is a good change

Finally a reason to reinstall and play the superb Titanfall 2. Frontier Defense is back baby!

Excitement level checks out.

Just so I’m clear, the frontier content is multiplayer only right? I get that it’s PvE but you couldn’t solo it right?

In Titanfall 1 I think you could set a Frontier Defense match to “Private” to attempt it solo. Not sure if that is available in Titanfall 2.

That said, I don’t think the enemy waves, AI, or damage scales down to suit a solitary player. You probably have to take on the full force designed for 4 players by yourself.

The tempered plating kit for scorch may make him into a crazy beast. Previously I used the flame shield upgrade exclusively when I played him.

But if it removes critical zones, need become way tougher, and being able to just walk through his own fire means he can do stuff like do flame traps around himself.

I main Scorch and ain’t nobody got time for turbo engine! Overcore and some care with your positioning and attacks can make all the difference. The boost is welcome though :-)

Edit: yeah, I usually roll with inferno shield and wildfire launcher. Tempered plating might actually be useful now…

See, I always ran turbo boost and inferno shield… if someone used their boost and was still reasonably close, boosting in their face and activating the shield just did such insane damage that the boost was worth it, even beyond the defensive utility.