Titanfall 2 - Maybe this time it will retain players?

It would have been better if he’d been a Nigerian Prince instead.

It is. I made a typo, and didn’t realize it until just now.

OPposing FORce.

Hey, that made me think of Emeka Okafor, used to play hoops for UConn. Wonder what he’s been up to?

According to Wikipedia, playing for the Wizards apparently.

Finally got to do a Frontier Defense match today. HOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN. Amazing, I so wanna play more ASAP.

Just kidding, glad you had a blast!

I didn’t realize this was having another free preview weekend (all 3 platforms). Most of the weekend is already over, alas.

@lordkosc, another friend and I played some on Thursday and had a blast too. Looking forward to playing some more. Two words though: Ronin and Highlander.

PSA: Titanfall 2 will be available on Origin Access starting tomorrow. Great way to pick it up if you don’t want to pay the full retail price or want to try it for a month. I hope this brings a huge influx of players…not sure what the subscription base is like on PC.

Amazing, that’ll hopefully bring in new players. I hope to get some rounds of Frontier Defense tonight.

Around 4k players the other night, on PC, seems to stay close to that most nights.

Holy crap, I was on Saturday and only saw a portion of that.

That seems good, though I meant the subscription base of Origin Access subscribers. If there are a large amount (with interest in shooters and not just EA sports games) Titanfall 2 could see a significant bump with this unlocks in Access tomorrow.

This was during a free preview weekend on all 3 platforms by the way.

I hit level 50 this weekend… still not hitting pwn nub status, but getting there…

I played I think four matches last night. SO FUN. I accidentally did one in Scorch, and actually had a great time, but I really missed Ion so I went back to that. I’ll likely go back and forth between Ion and Scorch depending on how I feel. I’ve never really played anything with a horde mode before, but I just love this.

The gameplay is great, the waves are awesome, and I just love, honestly, when you die and respawn in a dropship, flying over the chaos of the battlefield. So awesome.

Yeah, can’t wait to play more.

Scorch is a total beast in Frontier Defense, as you can just totally melt an entire attack corridor.

Weird.

I’ve had 2 CTDs/freezes due to an “engine failure” tonight. I’m investigating the problem, but this is odd for a game that has run really well on my system. Maybe I need to tone down the settings?

I was getting that initially, just a hard freeze every other game… I updated my nvidia driver and it hasn’t happened since…

Thanks I will do that tonight. Probably been a while since I updated my driver.

I installed this yesterday, but I didn’t have time to try it out yet. I’m kind of excited! The first Titanfall was great, but the lack of a story campaign made it so that it never felt like a real universe, just a multiplayer playground. So I’m really looking forward to see what they came up with to establish this as a world.