Titanfall 2 - Maybe this time it will retain players?

Yeah and:

• no DLC shenanigans
  • no banal single-player
  • no loot crates
  • consistent and continued developer support

I’ll admit, I haven’t played it in a while because of the glut of games coming out but I could load it up any moment and know I’m going to have an awesome time. God, I miss playing it but there’s so much out right now.

Guys. Guys. $9.99 on Origin!

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/titanfall/titanfall-2/standard-edition

Ding ding ding I’m moving in!

Get thee to the bargain thread! Just in case people miss the deal here!

Great price for a great game.

R$ 49.95 for me. In most places, the equivalent of $9.99 would be in the R$ 20 range. So I guess I’ll have to pass.

I might get PvZ GW2 there though. How much is it for you?

Had a great time with the campaign. Really makes me long for a well done next gen console game in the Battletech universe though.

God dammit, c’mon Origin!

$14.99.

I keep hearing how great it is.

I bought this last week on Xbox. It was somewhat a lark- a good rec from a friend, and occasionally comments here about the single player being good. The price was right at $16- I guess that’s my threshold.

I thought it would just go into my backlog, and I’d play it someday, but today I wanted something different and ended up blowing through the entire single player campaign in basically one sitting on Hard mode. It was pretty great- certainly better than Destiny 2 (though something like 1/5th as long, for sure). The standouts were definitely ‘Effect and Cause’ and the factory level, but it was certainly one of the prettiest games of this gen, and as mentioned, the dialogue between BT and Cooper was spot-on.

Perhaps I’ll delve into the co-op online mode in the near future. Does leveling in that level you in the same way as the other online modes?

The co-op mode levels up your titans, for use in co-op mode exclusively. They get bonus powers and stuff, which are not used in the normal PVP mode.

The online PvP is easily, without question, the best in this entire generation thus far. It’s not even close.

This rarely happens, but Brian and Timex and others here have been such effective evangelists (and the price is now $14) so I picked it up just to play the single player campaign, as I doubt I’ll ever play multiplayer. But who knows - sometimes I get surprised and end up wanting more, like I did with Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and to a lesser extent Halo 4 because I liked the actual multiplayer modes more than I expected.

Yaayyyyyyyyy!!!

I love TitanFall 2 multiplayer, but I just can’t get unhooked off OverWatch to play it… options are good, I guess.

Enjoy, I’m envious you get to enjoy it for the first time! One of these days I’ll blast through it all again myself but… so many games. The MP is amazing though, definitely give the different modes a spin if you have a hankering for more.

I’m playing these days to TF2 MP, and the truth is, I can’t be surprised if the game didn’t reach a big mainstream status.

It’s faster than Overwatch, with more complex and challenging movement (people bunny hopping, flying around, linking walljumps, etc), a bit more lethal too in damage. In addition to your three customizable weapons, you have your main ability, your grenade slot (that could be something really different to a nade), two passives, and your bonus killstreak.

Now add the Titans themselves, each one with its own features (number of dashes, type of shield, two abilities, two passives, the weapon, the core function), the feature of stealing cores, and the subtleties of pilot vs titan combat.

In summary, It’s the rare game that needs both high reflexes and also has a good number of variables to control in your mind with its extra complexity. So the learning curve feels a bit high, in comparison with other modern games that are so adjusted as to have maximum appeal to a more casual crowd.

It’s in many ways a refinement of CoD gameplay, which the guys invented, with the extremely good Titan combat added in.

Certainly not a simple game, but exceptionally well designed and balanced.

I stand by my assessment that it’s the best shooter of this generation, bar none.

When is EA going to announce Titanfall 3: Titan Royale?

I’d be fine with that title if it meant more Titanfall, and especially more BT.

I haven’t really grasped what Battle Royale means. Is it what we used to call… Deathmatch?

Edit: Haha AnteArk you’re getting all my qs today :)

A Titanfall themed Battle Royale mode would be pretty awesome. But I’m not sure if their engine can handle a large area. All the single player missions and multiplayer maps in both games are relatively small.

@Alistair, Battle Royale is basically you getting dropped in a big area, and after a certain interval, you can only be in a smaller circle. If you’re caught outside the circle, you’re dead, so everyone rushes to get in the circle or stay in the circle, or hide in the circle. With each round the circle gets smaller until there’s one player left.

Oh is THAT what Battle Royale is…