Tom Chick's Sims 3 RTS Challenge

I got up to 64K - no idea how that stacks up! I want to try over again, but I’ve grown attached to the Mr. Boomturtle I created this go around.

Is it considered legal to tie sim-balloons to your house and go off on a voyage of discovery wherein Rush rediscovers his youthful love of adventure?

You know if you happen to fancy a particular iteration of Mr. Boomturtle, you can always copy it into the library, right?

…and even worse than that, if you can believe it. Used his 1,000th post to sarcastically imply that he didn’t like a particular game…not in a thread for game impressions, but rather in a thread aimed at people playing (and thus presumably enjoying, and thus presumably not particularly appreciative of having The Wet Blanket Patrol show up) the game and interested in a challenge based on said game.

Yes, I will probably save a copy of this game and keep playing it, but I just mean I’m reluctant to start over and try for a higher score because I already have so much emotion invested in this one! It’ll be like parallel Mr. Boomturtle universes - I don’t know if I can handle him having an evil twin or something. Still, I have a strategy theory I want to test, so I’ll probably do it.

you should know that in 1000 posts I’ve never added ANYTHING of value to any conversation here.

Just ask Tom Chick.

I’m in.

Just another 200 or so posts for me and then I will be able to say the same.

A couple newbie questions.

Midnight of day 100 – I assumed this means I can play through day 100, so I actually end the game on minute 0 of day 101.

How do I upload my game?

Yep, just save him before day 100 turned to day 101 and you’re legal!

To upload your game, click the ellipses in the lower left to bring up the options menu. Select “Edit Town”. From there, click on Mr. Boomturtle’s house and then click the “Share” button in the window that pops up. Share the “Household with House” (Mr. Boomturtle himself, as well as anyone else who lives there, is the Household while the structure itself is the House).

Now from the Game Launcher (you can go there from the ellipses menu), the saved file will appear in your Uploads section. Click it, upload it, and you’re good to go!

Actually, the last step is to let me know the name of your Sims account so I can download your house. Just post it here or at Crispy Gamer, since I can’t figure out how you’re supposed to email other sims accounts (is that even possible?). You can also link directly to your uploaded house, like so:

-Tom

37k: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=216985

So here’s the finalized prize for whomever wins: 1000 SimPoints and one (1) of the following games (all shrink-wrapped brand new retail copies!):

Sacred 2 (PC)
Sacred 2 (PS3)
Elven Legacy (PC)
Puzzle Kingdoms (Wii)
Battlestations Pacific (360)
Tom Clancy’s HAWK (PC)
Battleforge (PC)
Fuel (360)
Prototype (360)
Empire: Total War (PC)

Also, the deadline is extended until noon PST on Monday. Here’s the Mr. Boomturtle file and the rules are listed on the second page of my column here. You’re only playing about twenty days or so of a sim’s life, so it’s do-able with a few hours play if you’re interested.

Since you can’t email each other in The Sims 3 community site (?), either PM me the URL of your saved lot, post it here or on Crispy Gamer, or email it to my Gmail address at tomwchick.

-Tom

You sir, are my hero. Between a real job with too much work, WoW raids and my turn with the succession Sims3 game I’m just now getting time to play Mr. Boomturtle.

I look forward to the challenge.

Also, the deadline is extended until noon PST on Monday.

Yay, thank you! I ran out of town on Thursday and just realized I forgot to upload my save file!

-Marged (too lazy to change log in…)

All right: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=326179

I thought I was doing great (and probably thus doing something wrong) with almost hitting 50k till I saw Marged was in the 60s. God dammit! For some reason I thought we weren’t allowed to move sims in. Ah well, Mister Boomturtle had one hell of a fling with Jocasta anyway.

50K? 60K? Impressive!

I got stuck on 32K, after marrying into a little money. I can imagine that I’d have scored better if Mr Boomturtle had gotten more WooHoo and “have a boy/girl” wishes, or a longer life (he died aged 91 or 92), but 40K would have been my limit.

Anyway, I had fun with it.

I’m trying to do this today, but I don’t know if I’ll get it done before the deadline.

Bleh I spoke too soon. My install today (work stuff) ran extremely long so I just won’t make it. However, I may play around with Mr. Boomturtle just for the hell of it. Thanks for the game and lot Tom.

Here is my entry (first go round I uploaded it with some premium content, like a goofus).

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=336379

I couldn’t quite get done in time. I’ll be curious Marge if you try a different strat than kids + moving in. I tried getting skills in as many categories as possible to maximize the Wish potential. I suspect that perhaps marrying, kids, divorce, marrying, kids, divorce, ect. is the best possible formula.