Tom Chick's Sims 3 RTS Challenge

No, but I did get through another game where I tried to do a better job of it, but it didn’t end up working out. I got him up to 20K, redid his traits to make him a complete lothario, and then knocked up every chick in town. I didn’t realize that you don’t get a lot of the baby related wishes if the ladies don’t live with you, and so it was kind of a waste. Still, even after spending 20K, I got him up to to the 60s, but he died and I lost my score. I saved while Death was there, but it didn’t do me any good. Didn’t matter, since the other game was still higher.

Babies and marrying for money seemed to be the best way as far as I could tell. I didn’t have time to play a game where I really optimized the baby factory - that would have been interesting.

Oh, here’s how I wish I had played my second go round:

Marry money first thing. It might take a few dates with Agnes Crumplebottom, so I would sell everything in the house and demo all of it until I just had a room with a niceish bed, then I would basically live out of the gym. Flirting works well with her, and she comes with 20-60K (once she had her car in her inventory, which is worth 40K - the other time, she didn’t).

Build an efficient house with top of the line everything, and decorate it well. Keep Rush’s mood topped out. Fulfill Agnes’ wishes as well as Rush’s, and buy her a couple perks as soon as possible: increased fertility, steel bladder, maybe new traits if you can get that far. (She’s kind of a pill, and having a really friendly, family oriented Sim would probably help.)

Keep Agnes constantly pregnant. Age up at least one of the babies with birthday cake, until they’re [miserable] adults, and then kick them out onto an empty lot with all but maybe one of their siblings. Make it a toddler and teach (or have Agnes teach 90% of the way) it how to walk, talk, etc - those come with wishes in the 1K range. I would avoid divorce since it would bring down his mood.

I didn’t manage to do this, because I didn’t realize how good babies were until it was late (I just married Agnes for her money) in my first game, and I didn’t try this in my second. Also, athletics isn’t a bad idea to skill up a bit because I think it helps with life expectancy.

After reading this article at fidgit, and especially its comments, I think going to the spa on a regular basis (after marrying into money) could give Boomturtle a head start of 20K points by getting him in a permanent elated state (no more smelly/hungry dips with those +75/+100 modifiers). Unless he’s on fire.

Unfortunately, I only saw it on Monday.

Yea, i had espied Crumplebottom at the central park playing another Sim, and targeted her first for marrying. To do this, however, i had to sort of camp out and stalk her house to catch her at the right time.

Agnes’s house is nice enough that you should be able to get high enough mood to constantly accrue achievement points. And she’s a Hopeless Romantic, making it easy to seduce her.

If you marry Agnes, do you get to move into her house, or does she move into yours? Or do you just take her money and buy a lot/house?

I don’t think you can if you propose marriage. You do sometimes get a dialog option that is like “Hey, these guys get along so well, why doesn’t Mr. Boomturtle move in with Agnes?” but it’s randomish.

There’s no need to, though. You marry her, she moves in and brings money, and then you can just make them a better house. The houses that come with the game, especially the “nice” ones, are usually too big and unwieldy. A small, efficient house can be a lot easier to manage and still keep its residents happy.

No, i moved in with her. Then i married her. Then i moved everything in with her. You get the option of “combining” familes, and you can do this in the direction of Agnes, liquidating Boom’s assets in the process. Agnes’s house is so much better and faster to work with. You also get a all-but free +15 moodlet from the “Great View” (including, weirdly, baby Sims).

So who won?

The great view moodlet doesn’t seem to be permanent while inside. I’m not sure if it’s just a cap on moodlets and I usually have capped more than the +15, or if your sims become resistant to it. I haven’t fiddled with it enough.

Marged, by far!

Since winning Tom Chick’s Sims 3 RTS Challenge, life really hasn’t been the same. Every day, I have to scan the streets, wary of the mobs of adoring fans that may start chasing me down. I’ve started wearing outlandish costumes to disguise myself from the papparazzi. Don’t worry about Geoff, I make him wear them, too.

The day I learned from Tom that I, humble Margaret, was the winner of the Sims RTS challenge, I was almost struck blind by the extravagant fireworks display in my honor. I stared in awe as a thousand marching bands accompanied by elephants and giant balloons in my likeness came down the street. Women were weeping, men shook their heads in wonder.

My life may never be the same, but I just wanted to say thanks. Thanks, Tom, and the Mr. Boomturtle Prize Committee, for lavishing glory everlasting on me.

Seriously, though, I just wanted to thank Tom for coming up with such an inventive contest! It was so much fun. The copy of Sacred 2 arrived in the mail and Geoff has spent the last few nights shouting “PC GAMING IS D0MED!” while trying to convince it to run on my computer, but I am still just delighted!