Tom Clancy's The Division

I would love to see the Krofft interpretation of Clancy!

So Rainbow 6 Patriots is cancelled for current-gen. It’s also a squad based shooter set in New York. It’s not clear to me if that game became The Division or will we see two Tom Clancy games with very similar settings eventually?

If it wasn’t for their stupid PC DRM system, Ubisoft would be my favorite publisher ever - They have pretty much every single franchise that I love, and have loved…such great games.

Yes, I too understood that it was actors following a script instead of AI using scripted responses ;)

True. I will miss these games. But, Ubisoft hates PC gaming so, there’s that.

Wouldn’t mind another Tom Clancy book though. Still waiting for the RED STORM RISING movie, Directed by Peter Jackson, 6 hours.

Maybe walking provides a +10 to sniper detection skill.

While initially I’d be all in for this, I fear it would need to be meddled with too much as they’d almost certainly change the enemies to someone more relevant to today. And we’d probably get Michael Bay instead. /shudder

I think whatever goofy point you’re trying to make is sailing way over my head or something.

And yes, Ubisoft hates PC gamers. That’s why they’ve removed all their always-online DRM and continue to release the bulk of their games on the PC platform.

It’s not clear to me if that game became The Division or will we see two Tom Clancy games with very similar settings eventually?

I suspect we’ll see 10 Tom Clancy games with very similar settings eventually.

I didnt know that, is uplay gone? I just recently started pc gaming again and have been skipping all EA and UBI titles because I dont want origin or uplay. Origin because avoiding it is an easy way to keep on not supporting EA and uplay because they made me login to it once when I bought a 360 game, which irritated me to the point of never buying their shit again.

I don’t know the oficial status, but Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon was a Uplay game while Call of Juarez: Gunslinger was not.

*1 - Assuming your original response was that I wasn’t able to put “two and two” together I clarified whilst retaining the original statement of it feeling very scripted so it might as well have been “AI”.
*2 - Did UBI release some sort of statement where they explained that their heavy-handed actions and statements in the past was a mistake; then apologize for past behavior? - I must have missed that.

Pretty sure that Ubi Massive was already working on this while R6P was at Ubi Montreal/Red Storm. Don’t think it was handed over for transmogrification.

No, they didn’t apologise. But this interview is probably as close as you will get to it: Interview: Ubisoft On DRM, Piracy And PC Games | Rock Paper Shotgun

Wendelius

This. Not a lot of what I’ve seen next gen has really blown me away graphically until I saw this.

Yeah, the only game to blow me away from a graphics point of view at last year’s E3 was Watch Dogs. And the only game to do so this year was The Division. Both Ubisoft games. Not surprising from the studio that has done that to me in the past too (for the original Xbox, Splinter Cell and it’s use of lighting and shadows and realistic looking cloth physics, Assassin’s Creed for the 360 and that moment when I first saw Damascus as I crested over the hill). The teams at Ubisoft’s internal studios really have an eye for what isn’t currently being done, and how to push visual fidelity forward.

I am wondering if the new graphic fidelity is something we can thank the bump to 64-bit and more memory for, or is it just ‘better artists’?
Edit: And probably why we can blame the consoles for the PC platform (non exclusives) not having moved forward since 2005? 2014 will be a great year for gaming - 9 years after general availability of WinXP-x64 we’ll get 64 bit games (that will use more than 2GB ram).

Mostly more memory would be my guess - more onscreen assets, higher res textures, etc.

There’s a petitionwith almost 50.000 names to it currently running to get this game to PC. RPSclaims its Ubisoft Reps that are hosting it, wierdly enough, but I can’t find anything that suggests this.

Too bad this is multiplayer. I was hoping for a singleplayer RPG.

I can’t abide playing with idiots.

So, friend some people on this forum?

They’ve also said you can play it solo.