Tom Clancy's The Division

I have high hopes as they used this building in one of their live action trailers. I’d have picked it up but BF1…

http://steamcharts.com/app/365590

Seems 1.4 has finally reversed the population drop on PC!

Multiple drops to 15 or less probably helps too. It is why I finally picked it up.

This is stupid. I don’t care any of the changes when a boss 1 shots me 2 times in a row.

Uninstalled.

edit: I am so pissed. I gave up on my first play through around level 26 because at the time, I was barely able to handle level 22 enemies and there was no on to play with. I really like the environment, and the story for what it was.

Then I heard of all these changes to make it easier to play and all these improvements. So I bought a copy for my son and we played through about level 16. This past week, I was on a business trip and was really excited to play it tonight with him with all the changes.

The first few encounters were fine - they are much more lethal, but then we hit one of those “kill 1st Lt, Kill 2nd Lt, kill boss”. Well, the boss is still a bullet sponge and I’m dying while on the other side of a wall from him - twice. As did my son. After the 4th re-start, I said fuck it & uninstalled. Not worth it.

I’m glad I’m not alone in this. Your frustrations are 100% my own.

Wow, it’s like I’m playing a totally different game. I’ve never been one-shot by a boss before, even when grouping. I’ve also never struggled with level 22 enemies. And I consider a pretty mediocre FPS gamer, so it’s not a skill issue (I get stomped in Counterstrike the whole day).

There seems to be something more fundamental that’s wrong here. Gear, maybe? Stack more stamina mods? Maybe stay further away? I find PvE pretty okay primary with some sort of sniping rifle like an M1A, and resort to my LMG only if someone slips too close to me. Once you close in, the NPCs just do way too much damage and while it’s not “one-shot”, they lay so many bullets into me so quickly that’s effectively game-over.

Are any DLCs needed to get back into the game? I bought a standard edition when it was released and I remember SEs having some kind of free dlc attached (that wasn’t released at the time) but I have no clue how crucial it is to the endgame activities.

You should be good. Think the only thing they added since was Incursions or w.e., and I’ve never done them despite owning the sucker pass.

Having a blast and loving the changes. this tf2 and bf1 are good times

It certainly seems like there’s something else going on.

Tman, That “Kill 1st Lt., 2nd. Lt, boss” is the one in the subway, right? My wife and I are a similar level and just completed it. We found it to be one of the harder non-mission, non-hard mode encounters we’ve had so far. One of the things we discovered is that around that level snipers start becoming a thing, which I suspect is where most of your one-shot deaths are coming from. For us, we found we had to pay more attention to cover and focusing on the snipers while keeping the grenade/melee/shotgun guys from getting too close.

It seems that the difficulty spike you’re encountering is one of a few spots in the game that how you play is forced to undergo a bit of a transition. Simply spamming weapons fire and keeping stats up isn’t enough in the face of snipers that can take 80% of your health in a single hit and leave you vulnerable to follow-on attacks by nearby minor mobs.

I think they are all the same, just different locations. It wasn’t snipers. It was some sort of explosion that took me from 3 bars to zero bars.

I don’t know why we are experiencing this & quite frankly it doesn’t matter anymore as it’s uninstalled. I wish the rest of you the best of luck, but for me, I’m done for the 2nd time and I’m not going back. It’s really a shame because like I said I love the environment.

Go into darkzone.

Ready to extract.
2 neutral players run up to me from behind, at 0 range, they kill me.
By the time I respawn, they’re neutral again.

Cleared a building, 3 other players clearing it.
When I go to loot the boss, 3 neutral players come around the corner, then kill me.

There’s a item set you can get (Banshee) that makes you not drop anything when you’re killed. You probably still lose Xp/keys/coin though. Until you have that gear set, there’s no point going darkzone solo.

So, unless you have a group of friends to play with, Darkzone is out of bounds.

That’s okay, even if you did manage to attach the gear to the drop-line for extration, somehow the extraction/line would have been compromised/cut anyway, and someone else would just claim it instead. This is assuming the compromised extraction didn’t time out on its own before you could get back in time to secure it like usual.

Is the dark zone stuff really as bad as that? I haven’t frigged around with it at all beyond going in, walking around for a minute, and subsequently dying to a couple NPCs I engaged before checking their level.

Granted three guys speaking Russian were semi-following me the entire time, but they didn’t engage.

I’ve had tons of fun in the dark zone, it’s brutal and cutthroat, but I like it.

Problem with the dark zone is that as a solo player it seems I am always outnumbered 3 to 1. I would like it more if they didn’t allow fire teams in there or I had friends.

I’ve also been starting to have difficulty in missions now that I am in the mid 20’s. I know 1.4 was supposed to make it easier on solo players, but now that I’m so fragile I find it difficult to down enemies fast enough.

I like the game, but I fear I have hit the part where they ramp up tuning for coop, and I don’t have anyone to coop with. Might be time to see if the matchmaking will work for me.

Dark Zone is stupid and meaningless for solo players.

That said, there are loads of drops now as a 30+ player. I like that completing dailies and weeklies is rewarded by gear-appropriate drops. That’s a huge change to the random rare drops in this game. However, I suspect things will slow down once I devour all the 229 goodies and have to hunt for better.

I do feel that lethality has increased both ways, coming out better for the player, but it does seem to me that I die quite a bit faster now, so packing lots of health/cover skills makes more of a difference so you can survive one bad position placement. What I still hate about this game is the monster closets so that reinforcements can appear from anywhere. Punishing me for not moving or positioning properly is one thing - opening up a door behind me and spawning 4 tangos from a direction I’ve already cleared is just design failure.

Survival Mode coming…

[quote]
2 game modes PvP Survival OR PvE Survival - Groups can meet on the map and help each other but not kill each other in PvE mode.

PvP mode gives you 20% more points for your final Survival score that gets tranfered into sealed caches
24 players on the LZ map

WHEN YOU DIE ==> GAME OVER! (you can be revived from the downed state)

hunger, cold mechanics

There are Landmarks on the big map - but the mini map is deactivated

you are sick and need to extract yourself

you start with a pistol only and with no / bad gear

clothings have a ‘cold’ rating that protect from the blizzard

crafting plays an important role

there are ‘hideouts’ - like apartments (those are not safe house)

there are crafting benches in the hideouts

you need to build a new mask / virus filter when you want to enter the DZ / contaminated zones

on the borders of the map the enemies are weaker and get stronger when you move closer to the center of the map.

No need to be L30 to play Survival - Just need access to the BoO

No link to World Tier - every player plays as the same difficulty level (you start with a simple green pistol) and work your way up.[/quote]

Sounds like Ganker/Cheater paradise :)

tbh; There would be no point releasing the PVP part of that for the PC version of the game at all.

Making a mode where you start stripped of your gear seems an odd choice for a loot based game, though odd choices appear to be the Division way. Still, the PvE mode might be fun. I’m sure I will give it a go, I do have a bit of a soft spot for Division.