Tom Clancy's The Division

Are you playing on PS4? I’ve been considering re-nstalling it

I believe if you are in the DZ, all non-Rogue agents (default state) cannot hurt you with their weapons. So friendly fire or accidental fire won’t have any impact on you.

When someone toggles the Rogue state (via manual key binding press) that flips their status. A Rogue agent can fire at you and cause damage and you can fire at them and cause damage at any point while they are Rogue.

Originally hitting any player with a bullet in the DZ would immediately cause an agent to go Rogue. So if you were firing at an AI mob and someone ran in front of your weapon and you hit them (even by accident) you would instantly flip to Rogue status. This is no longer the case. The new system makes everything very intentional and deliberate. No more mistakes, accidents, and less prone to griefing.

Well, as I mentioned in my post, I unloaded an assault rifle clip into another player’s face but apparently I did not have rogue status toggled, so nothing happened. I guess you could say, The toggles - they do nothing! Actually no, that wouldn’t make any sense, don’t say that.

Ah - so friendly fire is off by default now. Ta.

I only have the PC version. I don’t think there’s cross play is there?

Feel free to add me to your friend list then, in case you ever see me online and wanna play. Same name as in this forum.

Why do you people play games on your spreadsheet-making machines?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/312/563/05d.jpg

Dang it, you guys are catching on. May be time to change my username again.

The problem I encountered frequently was groups of four where one player is the rogue, and the other three are non-rogue. The rogue player would initiate and the non-rogues would shield him. Anyone who tried to defend themselves from the rogue agent would themselves go rogue when he or she inevitably hit the rogue’s meatshields. At that point the four man would delete you without consequence.

I would love a game where optimization, let alone cheesing, never took hold.

Oh hey, speak of the devil - Ubisoft released some numbers today -

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/the-division-celebrates-two-years-and-20-million-players-with-new-global-events

Oh and hey don’t forget, global event starts today! Now go out there and get your classified gear!

Whole month of Global Events! Goodbye life and goodbye sleep!!

Are there zombies yet?

-Tom

I assume so. I haven’t played in a while.

The upcoming Global Event is called Outbreak. Not exactly zombie but getting in proximity to the enemy will drain your health because you know, infected.

All right, got my first classified set item! What are the odds I’ll complete the set I wonder?

One of the things I like best about this games is that there are NO ZOMBIES. I love how they made a game about a mass outbreak and none of it involves zombies. LOVE IT.

The odds are higher during Global Events!