Tom Clancy's The Division

I agree, adding zombies would ruin the fiction of the world.

Hah! I see a crate costs 900 G. I have 4 after two missions šŸ˜ Iā€™m not sure these 4 days of events are enough!

So, nobody buys the 900G crates. The odds of a Classified sets from that crates are close to zero. People aim for the 1500G superior cache.

The quick way to get the Gs are from doing mission. Go matchmake and do one Missionā€¦ that will help you a bit.

One mission gives me 1, max 2 Gs as I wrote :-D

I had a little over 1000 Gs after running a few missions last night. Teamed up with some randoms, tried one mission at max infection at the urging of one of the teammates and that was tough. Hard to keep those axe guys from running up at you and infecting you. But we finally did it after quite a few false starts.

Hmm, are you not trying Challenging difficulty?

Anyone know how to unlock the new Resistance (Horde mode). I went to camp Hudson (I meant Clinton) like I thought I was supposed to, but there is no way to access Resistance? Is there something else I need to do.

You have to be level 30 and at least World Tier 1 to enter it, IIRC. Are you?

Iā€™m level 30, World Tier 5 and Gear Score 273 (if I am reading the right number, itā€™s been a while)I believe. Do I need to revert back to World Tier 1?

Maybe Iā€™ll just head back to Monster Hunter if Division is busted.

EDIT: Yeah, watched some YouTube videos and Iā€™m pretty sure my game got glitched somehow. Maybe Iā€™ll try to reinstall again later if there is another patch.

Iā€™ve been doing the global events this weekend, trying to get a bunch of points to buy the caches, itā€™s worked out ok so far. Of course Iā€™ve ended up with classified gear items from multiple sets, but no full set, naturally. Oh well.

But Iā€™ve got to watch myself to not get caught up in the loot chase, which I rarely get all that caught up in. I had been rolling with four pieces of striker gear and two of whatever other pieces were relatively high level and had boosts that I needed (most recently it was banshee gear, even though I donā€™t do a lot of dark zone (yet)) but Iā€™m switching that up with maybe a couple of Lone Star items, or Alpha Bridge. Apparently you canā€™t mix and match classified with regular gear, which is a bummer. So I donā€™t know that Iā€™ll really be using the classified items I have found. Weird situation.

Holy crap, I just cannot beat the Dragonā€™s Fire incursion. Tried three different times over the weekend, first time we didnā€™t get past the four horsemen or whatever near the beginning. Finally fell in with a group that got by that, then we got wrecked in the part with the cranes and the flamethrowing APC, my team got tired and bailed. I tried again last night and we again got to that part, and I think we figured it out - you need to get to the crane controls and hit them at the same time on either side of the room, but of course youā€™re also being attacked by many enemies, plus the floor is occasionally getting lit up so youā€™ve got to be aware of where youā€™re standing, and also killing enemies (and of course not getting killed) and then also noticing when the crane controls are available and team up to hit them. It was more than we could do, just seems crazy hard.

Those Incursion missions need a lot of coordination among the 4 members. Itā€™s hard to do with it some random guy you match make. Fortunately, there are just very few Incursion missions. Of all of them, I manage to do complete Dragon Nest while failed miserably at the rest. With Dragon Nest, my role at that time was just a Healer and I had to make the station into a ā€œImmunizationā€ so that it covers the group and they do not get burn during the APC firing. I wasnā€™t sure what the other team members are suppose to do. I was so focus on keeping everyone alive, lol!

Yeah, I think youā€™re right, some of these functions just require communication. I know as a Destiny player I always got annoyed that you couldnā€™t do a pickup match on a raid, but you really would not get very far without communication and thatā€™s probably what killed my runs on the incursion. We were all kind of doing our own thing and only occasionally, accidentally, acting as a team. Still, it was cool to at least see how it works. Iā€™ll aspire to taking that on again someday.

I only just figured out that the random wandering elite enemies that were mapped out upthread will also drop 150 GE points during the global event. I get around 300 just from running the missions so thatā€™s a really good ROI on time spent. Iā€™ll know better next time. Which oh yeah, next weekend!

This seems like a lot of grinding for only getting 1 classified set completed. Lexington Event center is draining the life out of me.

Clearing the 15 named LZ bosses isnā€™t too bad for GE either at 2250 for about 30 min.

I do Dragonā€™s Nest incursion on heroic regularly with my Destiny 2 raid group (xbox). It really helps to have at least 1 reclaimer person and a 2nd person with support station + immunizer. for the 4 horsemen just take the high ground at the end of the map. Make sure there is always a support station down. For the boss room voice communication is really helpful for pulling the levers together. Try not standing in fire and when it canā€™t be avoided group up and pop heals. Always have a support station down. When the guys show up on both catwalks on the side we typically like to hide in one of the trenches on the side. Itā€™s worth doing once a week to get that exotic cache. Yeah, I donā€™t think I would want to try it with randoms.

I got about 3 GE per mission (World Tier 1, Hard, Severe Outbreak). Is that because Iā€™m in World Tier 1?

I would guess so, since I usually play with those exact settings, Hard difficulty and Severe outbreak, but it gets me 300 GE points (225 for hard, plus 75 for severe).

I donā€™t like how they do GEā€™s. Classified gear is the best by a large margin, but itā€™s very difficult to obtain in normal play. You are evidently supposed to play 24-7 during the GEā€™s, then not at all until the next one begins.

I gotta say, I am enjoying The Division so much. I have regrets that I set the game aside for so long because my friends did, but it works perfectly fine as a (mostly) solo game. Iā€™m enjoying making sorties into the dark zone, and while Iā€™ve been ganked a couple times, I have not yet run across a player killer in maybe a half dozen runs. Just good luck, maybe. And then weā€™ve got another global event starting tomorrow? Tonight? I havenā€™t even really gotten into the underground or survival modes yet. This game is insanely packed with goodness.

I re-installed the Division again a week ago. I am also really enjoying it. I had played at launch and then again when they released Survival. It has gotten better since then.

Itā€™s a really immersive game. I lived in NYC for a while and can navigate by the streets and landmarks. It feels like the real city. The environmental touches, random NPC diaglogue and non-quest encounters make it feel alive.

I am a casual player, itā€™s been a good game to play a few times a week for an hour or two max, occasionally grouping with randoms.

You know where the LZ boss Apollo spawns? I used to work in one of those buildings (599 Lexington), and it was recreated perfectly in the game. I can see the window of my old office!