Tom Clancy's The Division

Anyone else get goodies from Global Event Claus? I’m sitting pretty with several classified sets at this point but I’m still stuck on Striker’s, like everyone else.

Still plugging away at the underground too. I’m at level 32 and determined to hit 40. I understand they eased up on the experience requirements for levels and that blows my mind because it’s still a grind, but I’m gonna do it. Can’t stop now!

Next patch coming next week on June 14. Apparently going to have those “shields” that can carry forward to the sequel, among other things.

I’m so stressed at work that I didn’t even play the Onslaught Global Event at all…! But I enjoy reading any enhancement to the game. Thanks for sharing @divedivedive

Oh hey, found a video that runs through some of the changes coming. Sounds like some rebalancing of the Nomad and Predator’s gear, I don’t do a lot of PVP so I don’t know if that’s good or not myself.

Seems we are headed to DC.

Awesome :) I loved the way they did NY, partly because I used to live there, and the map was actually recognizable. The building I worked in was actually in the game!

I also spend 8 years in DC, so I have high hopes for shootouts in familiar locations.

It makes sense to put it in D.C., but I’m a little bummed. Except for the landmarks in a fairly small geographic area of the city, I don’t think it’s as interesting of a location as Manhattan.

Probably has tigers in that jungle though.

Division 2 looks cool. Currently redownloading Div 1 in anticipation.

I know I ask this every year or so, but does Single-player still fumble around level 21-22? Have they made the game a better single-player experience all the way through the campaign yet?

I loved the early game, but it seemed to hit a brick wall in the early 20s.

Oh wow this looks stunning. Can’t waitttttt

I don’t remember any brick walls until the end game. Are you above the recommended level for the missions?

I wish this game was more single player friendly, I have given up twice now trying to finish the main story.

I am in the lower right part of the map the last time I played, and just feel like I am not hitting hard enough and end up getting swarmed by too many too quickly. I just suck at aiming it seems. :)

Also I still feel 1 head shot should equal a kill.

Depends on your level vs their level. If you could just one shot enemies regardless then what’s the point of leveling up? But if you can headshot people you shouldn’t have any issues anyway.

Just remembered they added this to Gamepass, so I’ll be giving it a go. State of Decay has persuaded me to go beyond the two week trial…

Yeah, I get that, but remember The Division is basically World of Warcraft with guns, it’s got all this RPG numbers action going on under the hood.

I can tell you that around the time you finish the campaign and hit level 30, you’ll open up a new world of gear that really helps. Hell, you can dial down the world tier level so you’re facing weak bad guys.

If that’s not attractive to you, maybe you’re looking for more reflexive shorty games. That’s not meant to be dismissive, just no point bearing your head against a wall that may just not be for you.

Oh never mind - the game pass version is XBox only :/

I feel like it’s worth pointing out that the 1.8.2 patch went live today, changed a few minor things but also added shields - these are like little commendations/achievements that will activate little things like weapon/pack skins, emotes, vanity items and the like in Division 2. It’s a lark for sure, but pretty fun.

Been working on the shields that got added in with the last patch - they’re basically new commendations that carry extra rewards, not just in this game but in the sequel as well. Cosmetic, but still, it’s another motivation to run through some fun activities. One thing I’ve been doing that I haven’t done a whole lot of is trying my hand at weekly HVT runs. I never really ran the high-risk ones in the past because I usually go solo and I lose my nerve with the thought of only having one crack at them. But now there’s a shield for doing all 8 in a week so I went for it. And they’re fun, and they’re challenging, but I decided to take along a couple of my new classified gear sets for a test drive.

I have watched videos of folks using the Tactician’s set to run through legendary missions solo, just hanging back and alternating with the sticky bomb and seeker mines, and that’s pretty devastating if your technical skill is up around 9-10k. Obvious problem is that you’re a pretty soft target if they manage to get in close, so finding a good safe perch is the name of the game.

Another one I’ve been trying is the D3-FENCE or whatever it’s called and holy crap, that will make you an unkillable monster. I usually ended up taking on the weekly HVT waves with this gear because seriously, you almost can’t die. If they manage to surround you, catch you from behind, it’s possible, but even then you’re not going down easy and can probably kill he guy behind you before he ganks you. It’s awesome.

Plus, and I apologize in advance because I’m going to brag about my rare good luck this weekend, I found two pieces I needed to complete two different gear sets. I got a missing Sentry’s Call piece from an HVT, and found a Nomad chest piece, one I’ve been trying to find for literally months, in the dark zone. I kind of panicked then because I knew someone would gank me and I’d lose the object of my search - and it damn near happened, I found an extraction in progress with several players around it, so I rope my piece on and go into defense and of course one of the players tries to cut the cord. I successfully kept the guy off my stuff but I died in the process. Still got the chest piece though!

Love your work!!

I must get back into this. I stagnated in the early 20s…haven’t been brave enough to enter the DZ yet but I erroneously (I think) thought that you would lose ALL your gear if you got ganked, not just the stuff you found in the zone. Duh…

Also I started to suffer minor motion sickness/eyestrain, especially indoors, that gradually builds to nausea. Yet I can play hours of COD without any ill effects …