Torchlight 2 Release Thread

So I saw that the runic account registration site was down and thought to myself “self, you are lucky you still have your account from the beta”. Sadly, it doesn’t work. So I guess I’m holding off on TL2 until they get that back up.

And yeah I know I could still play solo, but I want to be able to play an internet game.

Inb4 pet name “Will Ferret”

How were you stuck? If it’s a bug I’d love to get it fixed!

Can a single player character be used later in an internet game?

There’s no distinction between SP and MP characters so they can go back and forth.

Dang, I can never seem to play a class straight. Even now, I’m toying with making a Focus Based Engineer. I’m crazy I think.

Maybe I should just go with a melee outlander. Help me please. Somebody tell me just to play the game without trying crazy stunts.
Also, I like that I can get rid of the first skill they give me for free. Always annoyed me about the first torchlight.

I’m having trouble hearing any of the voices in game (not quest voice-overs, the uhh, other voices). I don’t see a volume slider for voices, but adjusting the other sliders doesn’t seem to help. Anybody experiencing this?

I tried the 4 classes for a minute. None of them are jumping out at me like they did in TL1. Maybe I’m just cranky because my co-op friend is AWOL.

I think I’m pretty safe sticking with engineer though. I can switch between melee, pets, and ranged so I won’t get bored. I’ll have to hit YouTube to see some of the late skills.

Maybe check your speaker settings in Windows.

It didn’t detect my original Torchlight installation and give me a shiny like Borderlands 2 and Orcs Must Die 2!

Travis, i r disappoint!

(Otherwise, awesome).

The beserker’s Executioner and Shatter Storm passives and Shadow Burst skill all work with dual pistols!

yeah i can’t even get signed into the runic games account site to associate it with my steam copy.

Sorry, our site’s getting hammered. We’ve brought some more servers online, and we’re working on back-end changes to lighten the load. We’ll be working on it until linking accounts is smooth for everyone.

Again, sorry for the bad experience on our site, we’re taking it seriously.

Anyone else unable to really create an online account or log in with it because of the lag at Runic?

EDIT: Nevermind, post right above mine, durrr. Good news for Runic I guess, in that it probably means success!

I went with a Female Wizard, I just couldn’t get into the Engineer during the beta.

I just played an Embermage to level 8 with my trusty battle kitty. DAMNED fun times. Dying doesn’t even feel like much of a penalty, and helps keeps things moving quickly. I am just loving this game.

I love that none of the Achievements depend on the difficulty setting with the exception of the two Hardcore ones.

Did I miss the rotating frozen pose button? hrm…

NOT COMPLAINING…loving it. All seven levels of Outlander ass kicking I squeezed in tonight.

Here is Sasha and Big Daddy

That may not be the case. Check the global achievements, not the ones listed you’ve unlocked. There are a bunch of secret achievements which are likely boses/story moments, and there seem to be multiple end boss achievements which probably have something to do with difficulties.

I had the same reaction today when I rolled my first as an Engineer. Not sure why it didn’t click for me as I loved the concept.

Named my bulldog Gnusto.

If I buy the Windows version on Steam, I assume I get the Mac version for free when it comes out?