Total War: Warhammer 2

So I’m finally playing a campaign of this after owning it for years. My step-son has hundreds of hours with it, though mostly just setting up and doing battles. But I’ve just never taken the time to play more than a few hours. Generally, it’s due to winning a few battles and maybe taking a town only to be crushed soon thereafter by some massive army. So I restart once or twice for the same thing to happen then usually just take a break, which ends up being months.

But this week I played a few times, got crushed after a couple of hours, but kept coming back. And I finally sort of broke thru the wall and held off a couple of large attacks, held on to my province, had another sue for confederation so suddenly my empire is a few provinces big and holding together nicely. I even kept multiple armies in the field, helped distant allies fend off gobbies, and am currently building up a few of my settlements into level 4 and getting cool units.

I did a sort of save-scum last night before bed though when I was defending a fort and couldn’t figure out why all my infantry were up on the walls. So I moved them down to be ready for any sort of breach of the gates only to have the enemy’s infantry all have ladders when they got to the walls!? Needless to say, I was easily overcome. Anyway, I went on and quit for the night and figure I’ll jump back in from whatever save I had before the assault and not remove all my defenders from the walls. LOL.

How do yall remember your plans from one turn to the next? The little dudes and settlements are very ‘samey’ on the map so with all the units and armies I now have I’m finding it daunting to keep with an overall plan from one turn to the next. Especially since the turns take a while sometimes with all the heroes running around.