Total War: Warhammer 2

I always forget to use the banners, because I don’t see them on the initial battle screen.

Wait, you have to USE the banners somehow?!?!

My understanding is that its part of their raising the dead mechanic. When I played as them, after a battle I would get a post-battle message telling me “The Dead Arise!” or something and I get some guys back. But the same rules that you mentioned still apply, such as if they withdraw once or are in a settlement they’ll still get wiped.

You drag them on to units. They are movable buffs, in that you can use them on different units each battle but you have to actively assign them.

Ah, so you can’t move them around? Not that I’ve tried, or remembered.

On the pre-battle screen, where you decide to fight or flee, the banners equipped by your lord can be dragged and dropped onto your unit cards. These assignments are persistent.

They don’t reset on their own, but they aren’t permanent or immutable.

Oh man - I have what, 150 hours in this game, and I never knew this… Thanks!

So I am playing vampire coast again, the dread fleet. I am once again just mostly owning just the galleon graveyard. Most of the time I didn’t have enough monies to fund multiple armies. Now I do, only my home town is constantly harassed by the elves. Even though I have campaign movement of like +30%, this apparently doesn’t apply to ships because I can never catch them. So now I am locking up multiple armies trying to defend my home base. Any ideas on how to deal with that?

I think Ill start to try and capture land from the lore masters. I am not sure whom I should go after. Maybe send another army to the coast of the Britannia / empire to establish pirate coves there? Then that would put me at war with like most of the world.

As vampirates I found it most convenient to conquer in “South America” since that is likely to have smaller factions at war with each other- unlike the other directions.

Being at war with the HE is a pain… But rather than trying to catch them, you may be able to see them off by building up your garrison buildings and parking a single defending army on your capital.
That will allow your main armies to expand your possessions.

Ps- you can also establish pirate covens peacefully using vampire heroes. There is a cost and a cool down, but putting covens in Lorern, Marienburgh and the dark elf core cities pays off massively.

It’s incredibly easy to miss. Even once I figured out it’s what you’re supposed to do I still forget to assign new banners all the time. There really should be some kind of message reminding you that you have unassigned banners. Instead, the game is just really cool with you not using them.

In fairness most banners make very little difference in the grand scheme of things. Some of them net out to about zero difference as they are useful in such narrow situations that it’s entirely possible to go a whole game without running into it. I always roll my eyes when I get a scarecrow banner because unless I’m playing a faction with flyers that will be going up against factions with flyers it’s a pointless banner.

Yeah, there are a few rare good ones (+flaming attacks, +AP attacks), some mediocre (most of the leadership and speed ones, sure, might make a difference in some circumstances) and some nearly-useless (aforementioned scarecrow, magic/flame resistance, immune to psych).

Yea, banners tend to not be especially important. Usually they’re only really useful when you have one or two particular centerpiece units. They’re actually (probably) most useful at the very start of the game to drop on that one Tier 3 unit you start with. Once battles start to be all Tier 3 melee vs. dragons vs. army of cannon, they … don’t matter that much.

Forge of Daith rework 2.0
Hellebron Death Night rework (reduced penalties, bigger bonuses, Voyage can be refreshed)
Lokhir rework: starting Black Ark is unique, changed rite and gave him more corsair skills, gets confed option with Kar Whatever that he shares with Rakarth
Skaven: nerf to stalk, forced march more vulnerable to it, seiges and encampments huge bonuses against it
Changes to Skaven Corruption to make it less persistent or something?

Various nerfs to stuff from the last DLC that was too silly. Random rebalancing stuff.

Will this reduce the ludicrous ability of the Skaven to ambush me when I’m not even moving?

Sounds like it!

“Skaven: nerf to stalk, forced march more vulnerable to it, seiges and encampments huge bonuses against it”

Patch and the new LL are out. You gotta download Rakarth on Total War Access. I know. 🙄 But it worked so I can’t really complain.

How compatible are the saves from previous versions of TWWH2? The game lets me load up some older saves from a year or two ago, are these campaigns completable, or am I likely to have the game start crashing on me a few turns down the road?

I think the general rule with older saves is “don’t” because weird things can happen if you’ve installed a lot of DLCs since then.