Total War: Warhammer 2

I don’t think that is correct. Armor piercing damage ignores armor, it applies as per normal against unarmored units. It is always “safe” to use. At least I am pretty sure this is the case?

That’s how the tool tip reads, at least?

I think the difficulty with the Wood Elves is not so much handling things on the tactical battles, but the strategic map. Not being able to really fortify any location on the map except your home territory does make their campaign a bit of a challenge IMO.

This is correct.

This can not come out soon enough.

When in dispute with a hirsute brute, apply the boot with a firm DOOT DOOT.

Possibly my new favorite entry in any patch notes I’ve read.

So they’re nerfing the AI bonuses, interesting. Seems like normal will be easier.

Difficulty changes:

Reduced upkeep bonus for AI
Removed economy bonus for AI (reduced late game scaling of AI economies)
Increased recruitment capacity for AI based on difficulty
Reduced construction and recruitment cost for AI based on difficulty
Removed free technologies for AI and scaled based on difficulty
Research rate reduced for AI based on difficulty.

I wondered about that. Maybe there have been changes and tweaks to the AI such that the bonuses aren’t as needed any longer?

I’m excited. I only wish I was up to the Felix + Gortek book that covered the Tomb Kings so I knew more about it. I don’t know who I’m going to play!

I wish they’d release it as beta right now so I could play a buggy mess and at least get a taste for it.

I don’t even think it is a buggy mess since some streamers have been mucking about with it. I imagine we just gotta wait cos of decisions made by marketing

What a tease. I won’t watch the Youtube vids about it neither. It’s like watching someone else open your Christmas presents and play with them before you do.

A very reasonable attitude, I’d say, especially with how cool looking all this stuff is.

It’s only a few more days away! Too bad they don’t unleash it in time for the weekend though. :(

+1

Gotrek and Felix is probably where about 2/3rds of my Warhammer knowledge comes from.

FWIW apparently Gotrek is making a comeback in Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Alas minus Felix.

[Edit] It actually looks like there is a Gotrek and Felix Tomb Kings book! I’ve only read the original 12 Slayer books (William King and Nathan Long’s ones). But there’s a “The Serpent Queen” book that looks like it’s set in the Tomb Kings area:

https://www.blacklibrary.com/series/gotrek-felix/gotrek-felix-the-serpent-queen-ebook.html

‘Rebalanced the Grand and Vortex campaigns to reduce Dwarf supremacy.’
This is the main thing that needs to be fixed. I’ll be back when it’s done.

Does this mean the difficulty bug will be fixed? I stopped playing because my ‘Hard’ game where I was crushing the AI turned out to actually be easy combat difficulty.

According to the patch notes, this should be fixed on Tuesday.

Anyone been watching the multiplayer videos? Oof, those Ushabti! And the constructs in general seem to really toss around the enemy lines quite a bit.