Total War: Warhammer 2

Hero units usually at best kill +100 units in melee in vanilla. If they’re winning 1000+ to 1, that’s the mod. (I think Tyrian can get 150+ during a battle because his melee attack stat is so high).

Heroes are probably more useful as damage sponges than damage dealers strictly speaking.

Now, i’ve had magic heroes rack up 400+ kills because the units blob up and they have powerful AoE skills. But generally those same heroes would get trashed by large mobs in melee.

Nope.

Not that stupidly heroic. A really high level one can do a lot of damage or something insane like Tyrion who just never dies and eventually wears down whole armies, but nothing like 1k kills. Hell, their morale would vaporize even if they could take that many in most cases and they’d route.

Well you may be right.

I’ll try unmodded later.

Am starting to enjoy my campaign. Modded empire campaign and even the starting destroy the rebels task is challenging.

With enough mechanics abuse (aka resistance stacking), vanilla heros/lords definitely can solo armies.

Done it with Tyrion, Fey Enchantress, Vlad/Isabella duo, and Morathi.

Ok starting to touch on real difficulty. Tomb kings leaders are acquired taste. High Queen (name) starts in a great place mortal empires. Playing legendary now.

I actually am playing legendary High Queen (lanu) in a Vortex campaign. You know this game is pretty great. I am looking forward to Britania in a few weeks but … topping Warhammer 2 is gonna be hard.

Extra Credits: History came out with a Creative Assembly sponsored bit. It’s funny because apparently Extra Credits started because CA sponsored them for one of the total wars.

I shared a few of these on Facebook. I kind of like how they dissect history in a simplistic mostly accurate way although I get a lot of the non-gamers asking me why does he talk like that.

You should get a copy of Cartoon History of the world if you haven’t seen it. It’s very good.

https://www.amazon.com/Cartoon-History-Universe-Volumes-1-7/dp/0385265204

Say what you will about Amazon, but the ability to look inside a book is just awesome. I might have to get a few of these for my nephews.

Ok that was pretty cool. Extra Credits. Good on you.

As much as I appreciate Warhammer 2, I am starting to look forward to Britainia quite a bit.

Yay!!

Cool!

Sadly, my brain can only focus on “Late May” at this point.

Not sure if worth a new thread, but the buzz on Thrones of Britannia is a bit lacklustre:

https://www.gamewatcher.com/reviews/thrones-of-britannia-a-total-war-saga-review/13023

Also I forgot to post this last week:

The footage they showed a while back didn’t do much for me. Some of that is I don’t really click with the art style, some of it is Warhammer totally spoiled me forever, I suspect.

This is excellent, it’s the one race I haven’t played yet!

Me too!