Total War: Warhammer 2

Strato I agree Tomb Kings is a great choice. It was my second choice (if I could have a runner up)

(Queen on the Tomb kings… she is very serious -and she starts in a generally good spot in vortex)

I voted Skaven, but that’s because I came from playing Vermintinde 2 the past weeks, so I was thinking skaven are cool.
No idea how they are in this game. :P

Oh Skaven are great in this game, but they are challenging to make the most of.

I suspect Vermintide is responsible for a lot of those votes, really.

I didn’t read that Tom was not an expert here lol.

And I voted skaven.

To be honest though I think high elves would be better.

Rage-rage, quit-quit!

Skaven are smelly!

Skaven aren’t that bad. Just make sure you have a lot of artillery and they’re fairly simple.
A 2nd army of slaves/chaff isn’t a terrible idea either.

Once you know those things, they’re fairly straight-forward.

OMG COSPLAYING

I usually criticize… but I think Tom did all right on the Vortex campaign - Skaven. He won 2-3 battles. My thought: Vortex campaign demands a resource.

I think you’ll find this one interesting. Didn’t read it but I remember you were gnashing teeth against it.

edit: why is discourse eating reddit links now

Thx Wisefool! Yes now I see why it took ME 180 turns or whatever to take Karak 8-Peaks. That guy was smart. I recall considering an early turn dart over. I am going to reload that game later. I do believe I rooted the orcs out of the mountains, the vampires had all the human kingdoms, and chaos was showing up in force.

BTW if anyone cares that hasn’t tried a Mortal Empire campaign, Queen Kalida (sp) and The Last defenders start in a pretty strategic place (east Africa?) with a huge mountain range as a great natural border.

Because I keep waffling on whether to purchase this or not, I figure I should point out to folks that it is now at its lowest price ever ($20.39) on Steam right now.

(I also fear this means it is about to be in the Humble Monthly… but next month after the current sale ends).

This is entirely possible; the first was on there, along with Vermintides 1 & 2. Still, really tempting at that price.

Some of the DLC’s are on sale as well: Grim & the Grave, Rise of the Tomb Kings, The Queen & the Crone are all 50% off. Curse of the Vampire Coast is 20% off. Those are the ones on my Wishlist so there may be others too.

Gotta say - I regret not putting more time into WH1 when it came with the Humble monthly. I’m atoning now with WH2 (which is awesome, because Mortal Empires means I haven’t “wasted” WH1). The game really is quite amazing - looks great, performs better than I expected on my system, and the sense of scale is phenomenal.

I’m absolutely terrible at it at the moment, because it really is two separate games. I have to learn to campaign and run battles, so initially it is quite overwhelming. It has improved a bit since I finally woke up and realized that all the great WH1 guides out there still apply. PartyElite on youtube has taught me a ton, because that’s what being a great general is all about.

Gotta say, $20 for WH1+WH2 (I consider humble monthly games effectively ‘free’) is a steal. Thanks to earlier posts saying to pick it up, despite not having exhausted WH1.

Ended up getting the 3 DLC’s that were on the 50% sale and started playing again after a long layoff. Playing Karl Franz in a Mortal Empires campaign. There is a great gameplay series on Karl Franz by HeirofCarthage that starts here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaA-ZNOwSk0

I just had a Warhammer 2 battle that even my jaw dropped. Last defenders vs the late game bad guys… wow those carnosaurs can kill thank goodness.

The game really never fails to surprise. But it isn’t easy as so many prior Total wars were. There is a bit of glimmer in that ai.

New Lords Pack releases April 17.

Great trailer:

"Play as Clan Skryre (Skaven) or the Cult of Sotek (Lizardmen) with unique new campaign mechanics

The great serpent-god Sotek may sleep, but Tehenauin – his most devoted prophet – does not. The time has come for the foul Skaven to pay the butcher’s bill for their plague-spreading acts, and pay they will – with their very lives! Tehenauin marshals his fellow Red-Crested Skinks: there will be a sacrifice. A vast, crimson sacrifice. Only when the temple-city altars are drenched with Skaven blood will the serpent god become manifest and enact his divine wrath… "

I don’t know much about the different rat clans, but a new Lizardman to play with sounds fun! Genetically-modified immortal amphibians with access to FTL portals and ancient alien technology is cool.

This guy sounds very aztechi.

edit: Watching trailer. Okay. This is Predator lol!