Total War: Warhammer 2

Skeggi is insanely strong. Like they have a ton of Marauder Champions most of the time and their special structure in their starting town makes a massive garrison of them.

MCs are like Tier 3 or 4 units, so the autoresolves is going to do a number on your Tier 1/2 lizards. Hell, they’re usually rough in an actual fight. Hexoatl is a rough start these days and most of that is because Skeggi is a nightmare.

This is true, but I’ve found not making a garrison results in you just losing those resources anyway. You can always tear it down if you find the city doesn’t get attacked, but early on, imo, your number one goal should be getting outlaying areas to Tier 3 so you can give them walls so they might survive random attacks.

This is especially true if you’re near the coast. Crap can just appear out of nowhere and ruin coastal cities before you even know they’re there. If you’re land locked with a map edge to your back and are pushing out, it becomes a lot more viable to forgo garrisons for the back areas.

Agreed and agreed, though it may depend a little on faction. As pirates (my new favorite) I tend to burn, pirate cove, or take over and leave as I see fit. I have resourced early (like on a wine for public order and trade) when I have the stack there pressuring forward.

But your point is extremely true: Garrison as fast as you can – it chases away the ai and plus those guys can win some battles (and they obviously augment your stacks).

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-the-hunter-the-beast-faq/

Hmmm, interesting. I’ve been wanting an Empire faction I can play in Vortex, because I can’t handle the turn times in Mortal Empires. I have a hard time gauging how much of a departure this new faction is from the regular Empire faction, though.

Both factions sound interesting. The Empire with “mobile gunpowder batteries” sounds cool, and the additional 4 custom Lords sound extra cool. The Lizardman stuff also looks good - it’s a variant on the Horde playstyle where the Lizard Horde has infrastructure within each army rather than cities, and can gift cities it captures to a vassal faction. One of the limits of the Horde concept was always balancing the Horde surge vs dealing with all the territory you take, so this is an interesting variation.

Looking forward to an excuse to dive back into this.

Although neither the Lizards or the Empire are my favorite factions, I do enjoy them all. Most exciting of all is that this DLC makes it extremely likely there will be 3 more, High Elves vs Orcs almost certainly, and then Dark Elves and Skaven vs whatever lore reasons they want to make up to spruce up some old world factions. Maybe Wood Elves and Beastmen, as they feel the most in need of updates outside of Chaos which I imagine they will hold off doing until game 3 when it has to be done anyways.

Three Kingdoms is good and all, but inject this straight into my veins.

So true - I have zero interest in the setting in Three Kingdoms, so dropped it after 20 hours - but Warhammer? Man, I’ll suck it all down and pay for it - its sooo good. If only they would do something about Turn Times. Its the bane of these games - Warhammer 2 and Atilla, which is one of the finest Total War games both suffer from this terrible infliction, where a turn takes over a minute.

So… the “two old friends” are not Gotrek and Felix?

I love the spectacle of Warhammer 2 battles but the already shallow strategy layer feels that much worse after coming back from Three Kingdoms. It’s kind of left me in a state where I’m playing neither at the moment, heh.

Well, you really nailed it. Having played 3k with its far better optimization and better strategic layer, I have a hard time enjoying TW:Warhammer. But the battles in 3k are sooooooo boring in comparison. And now I’m not really playing either of them.

The fact that both campaigns can be done in Vortex is nice, the turn times are almost physically painful in Mortal Empires even with a good rig. I really hope something can be done about it, I have no idea how they plan on making it playable after yet another map expansion in game 3.

The 3 kingdoms map is huge and detailed, yet works.

I think CA can basically build a new map for twarhammer 3.

Yeah they basically have to if there’s any map expansion at all. Shit will need to be consolidated.

You know it is rumored --perhaps I better go look it up --that the me campaign map is getting a bit of an edit in this next patch soon. I would trade my brother into World of Warcraft gold-making slavery for faster ME turns. In a flash. Though maybe they are bringing the Empire in…

China: Total war though is much better optimized. Wish they could figure out how to do that in War 2 and … War 3…

images%20(3)

Isn’t everything just better with Brian Blessed?

Well I’ve committed one of the classic blunders, waiting for the new content to drop I’ve started a new ME campaign as Ikit and damned if I’m going to stop playing this.

Ha! You may as well get involved in a land war with Asia!