Total War: Warhammer 3

So what’s everyone predictions for when this will come out?

When I can least afford it.

Ba-dum-tish.

I wish i could like Three Kingdoms more… but man, the combat. It’s so bad. I think i like TW Troy’s combat more even. I still don’t quite grok the color system - i mean, there’s blue and red, i get it, but green vs. purple? No difference. And melee is just helpless vs. ranged. It’s a weird system where basically all infantry are horrible and are meant to just plug holes. Cav is even more overpowered than in Warhammer fantasy, easily racking up hundreds of kills. And sieges are horrible, the worst in the series, and weirdly always better to auto-resolve, which is totally deflating. There’s absolutely no way i can win a siege on offense with fewer casualties than if i had auto resolved.

Late 2021 is my guess.

Probably DLC. They seem to be setting this up as 2 order factions v 4 chaos factions. Having 2 more chaos factions at the start would be a bit much. The extra races will make good Wood Elves level DLC, but they’re definitely coming.

Delayed to early 2022 is my guess.

Reverse UNO +4 undelayed to late 2021, obviously.

I rewatched it in the context of a “The Inept General” breakdown and I’m pretty sure it’s actually a mirror not a window. If you look at his video (which includes a replay of the trailer) at 1:26 you can see the window/mirror reflecting the Czarina.

Also for those not familiar with “The Inept General,” if you’re looking for lore, this guy knows the lore better than any YouTube channel I’ve run into. He’s not as much of a computer game expert as other YouTubers, but he does serious in depth Warhammer Fantasy lore videos on factions and leaders — this 8 minute preview isn’t one of his best efforts though (it’s fine, he identifies the units we see and talks a little about Czarina and her place in the timeline and her father Czar Boris, but no comments at all on Cathay). He does have a full 40 minute video on the Czarina he did last year along with several different lengthy Kislev videos on their history, their army, and their land. Disclaimer I haven’t actually watched these Kislev videos (they’re over 3 hours in total!) but I have watched a lot of his other stuff and it’s all very good.

Oh, good deal!

It does say anticipated release “late 2021” on the Steam page. For whatever that is worth.

I wont say anything about this. Anyone that knows me and is my friend on steam knows: I will by a NEW cpu to play this game. Best strategy game of all time! (wait i did say something? damn)

SZVLgdO

Uh shuma … man what a downer… you do realize this is the build up to a new mortal empires campaign == with Kislev, Cathay and everything ! Its like Return of the Jedi without the ewoks! Godfather 3 without the --uh terribleness…

Seriously I am a warhammer 2 junkie… So nothing I say will make any difference. But if done right, if all things are done well, and we are prepared: It may be the best Total War ever.

(Btw did anyone notice my attempt at quoting “the darkest Hour” == best movie in ten years)

Btw nothing anyone says will stop me from grabbing this.

I seriously can’t wait. Ughhhhh! 10 months or more.

JP I know… wow ten months

So absent any evidence it may be time – assuming that Warhammer 3 will be a huge deal – to get a new cpu.

TT you are so way overdue on that I refuse to comment anymore.

Sry E i was running up through the thread – yeah I agree with you – Total war: China left me with – i mean --not fun. Warhammer however – and maybe because its a bit of fantasy and they can stretch things – is freaking great. But yes i never could get into China for the same reasons. Damn i should stream some of my total warhammer 2 campaigns… epic! (I lose a LOT)

I don’t see what @Shuma said as a downer. His thoughts mirror my own. There is some blatant padding and cash grabbing going on, but I am neither surprised nor particularly bothered by it, considering the histories of the 2 companies involved, namely CA (blood dlc anyone?) and GW (experts at milking cows) but let’s be honest, I will probably buy this and probably play it.

I played the last 2, enjoyed them, but stopped my campaigns when things became obviously tilted in my favour, or when I got bored of whack-a-mole with my 3 full stacks.

I only ever finished one HE campaign and one with Karl Franz.

Turn by turn gameplay…well there is alot of unnecessary clicking in this game.

Now, I bought and installed 3 Kingdoms, and bounced of it very hard after about 3 hrs of play.

I got Troy for free on Epic, that lasted about 2 hrs (it felt like I had played that particular game many times before) and omg the default combat in this series is…shit.

I booted up TW2 the other day, started played as the dark elf mistress, the mother character, and had to tear myself away from the game. So there is something about TW:W that scratches that itch.

Armies made of tissue paper, ridiculous projectile effects on the arrows, a surfeit of special abilities to be constantly clicking on (for context, I started with the original Rome:TW, so that’s my baseline for combat in these games, although that itself was hardly perfect.)

In the fantasy wrapper they almost make sense (cast spells etc) but in 3k? Just ugh.

The first thing I do is add mods to slow combat down, and reduce the amount of clicks needed.

I will probably upgrade, but more because I like powerful computers and my current rig is…not.

It’s perfectly serviceable, but I am lining up a whole bunch of purchases for Christmas time, assuming this year pans out how I anticipate.