Total War: Warhammer 3

My cousin was asking me how much more map there is with Warhammer 3’s Immortal Empire campaign than we had with Warhammer 2 and I couldn’t find anything online so I made something myself with @ShivaX 's help. Here is the map that was mocked up by a Reddit user yesterday, with the area from the first Warhammer campaign (yellow) and the Mortal Empires campaign (red). There is a lot of distortion and moved/rearranged provinces so it’s not exact, but we feel like it’s pretty damned representative.

Nicely done!

Do you happen to have the province counts? I feel like that would be a decent indicator for how it feels to play.

About 50% more IIRC

13 Chaos factions is enough thanks CA. More Cathay please.

554 settlements.

I’d actually like to see a Lite version of that with the minimum number of settlements to accommodate the number of factions, LLs and DLC, which is probably in the 120-150 range. Shogun 2 had a 100 settlement Map and it’s my favorite map by far.

Wow, amazing!

So we’ll need a supercomputer to get through a turn once a day?

Has the nurgle faction been boosted? It was definitely one of the weakest factions, has any of that changed?

Also have vassals changed in WH III? They were kind of worthless in WHII and it seems that slanish’s factions are all about getting vassals. Now if you can confederate vassals at some point or the vassal mechanics have changed, then it might be worth playing.

In that video, he would constantly raze settlements instead of occupying them. Sure I get that it gave him the most souls, but it still seems like a bad idea. Is there something else I am missing?

I don’t know if this is the right answer, but this game seems to be more fine with building tall than its predecessors, and a settlement taken has to be defended.

Judging by the units alone, with the addition of great weapons units, armored Chosen for tanking and knights for even more flanking, anti large and anti armor, this will help Nurgle immensely I’d assume. Turin’s multiplayer tournament will showcase the new stuff in a few weeks so we will have a better idea.

It all looks very interesting, and I’ve always enjoyed playing Chaos, but they aren’t getting another penny from me until they deliver a good Immortal Empires experience. This may be my first TW:WH DLC in like five years that isn’t a gauranteed day-1 purchase or preorder for me.

The general consensus is it’s Tzeentch (assumption being they’re saving Valkia for last and possibly dropping the Blood Pack info with her, which would make sense), but also confusion since everyone assumed it would be Vilitch and the “two glowing eyes in the dark” doesn’t really fit that well.

Vilitch is often depicted as having no eyes at all or two tiny eyes, while Thomin (his brother/mount, Chaos, don’t ask) is almost universally depicted with 5 eyes in an arc.

This was probably my favorite Warhammer trailer I’ve ever seen. I had no idea what this things deal was (I still don’t, really) but I did not see that coming.

I could tell you, but not knowing is more fun.