Total War: Warhammer 3

Oh if you want some Warhammer silliness, you can’t go wrong with Yrridian.

How to Play the Lizardmen (Total War: Warhammer II) - YouTube

How to Play the High Elves - YouTube

If there’s no pre-order reward, then for digital distribution I think it actually leans towards not pre-ordering so you can defer your decision until after previews have come out, and also after launch issues have been identified.

and I have over a thousand hours on War2… JM (jason Mcmallister) just asked me if I’d by Warhammer 3.

Just so you boys know – I KNOW there is no reason to pre -order anything. Its a freaking rip-off.

It makes me wonder about the average IQ of the gamer.

(and over a thousand hours into Warhammer 2 makes me wonder about my average IQ)

The only reason to pre-order is when they release the pre-order bonus faction. For example Norsca came out as the pre-order bonus for Warhammer 2 before Warhammer 2 ever came out, but you could play them if you pre-ordered.

So at some point there will actually be an incentive for you to pre-order. At the moment there is none.

MM you seem sweet – do you think in any way that I can’t – or for that matter anyone can’t – get the “extra faction” inside of a few weeks after release?

God sometimes I sound like a bitch for just stating the obvious.

Being patronized here is still fun. I like almost everyone here. So please dont get mad.

I mean, if you want to pay 10 extra bucks for it you can obviously do whatever you please. Not paying the 10 bucks is the incentive to preorder. It’s up to you what you do with that information.

I wasn’t patronizing you. I was answering the question of why anyone might preorder. The answer is that someone who buys every DLC will want to save the $10 not having to purchase it individually when they can get it as a preorder bonus. It’s all a moot point until the DLC actually releases, at the moment there isn’t any incentive to preorder.

If you feel patronized by having a question you asked answered plainly, I don’t know what to say about that. It wasn’t my intent.

From memory on the faq, the pre order bonus for wh3 is available up to a week after the game is released.

“Yes – we will be revealing our Early Adopter bonus in the coming months. Regardless of when you pre order – either right now or closer to release – you will still get the same bonus.

As with our previous Early Adopter bonuses, it will also be gifted to anyone who pre orders or buys the game in the first week after release, so you will still be able to claim the Early Adopter bonus for free up to a week after the game has launched.”

Sorry this is hard to do on phone. But wanted to jump in to provide some clear info.

The only reason I can think of to pre order currently is if epic throws money at ca/sega for exclusivity, and then option to play on steam at release is not available excepting those who did preorder elsewhere, much like anno 1800. Please leave epic and steam love/bashing in the relevant threads…

Whatevevs. You still sound patronizing. Why don’t you explain to me how money works next time you post?

thatescalatedquickly.gif

I keep re-reading those posts (including mine) and I really can’t see the patronising message. You asked a question and a whole bunch of answered in what sounds like pretty good faith. Maybe you can share how you’re being patronised because so we can understand where you’re coming from and we can be more sensitive.

For me pre-ordering, even without an obvious incentive, is useful for buying a game when funds are available, and not having to scramble to put the cash together at launch (or realizing I am overextended and need to wait to buy it). There is something nice about having a game drop and all you have to do is enjoy it because you already bought it months ago. This is particularly true of a game I am super excited about and reviews don’t matter.

But I also like to support devs and pre-orders have the side effect of doing that, as well.

You asked a question, clarified that:

And you got back serious answers to the question you asked. How is responding to your question patronizing?

Also how do I have a rep for scolding!?

Geez Scott, calm down!

As an economist I feel that I can authoritatively answer this:

• You’re going to buy the game whatever happens, so by not preordering the game and leaving the money in your bank account you are putting yourself under the illusion that you are wealthier than you actually are. This will distort your consumption decisions over the next 9 months.
  • If you pre-order the game now and then get indicted for tax fraud, the government won’t be able to freeze the bank account that would have been used to buy Warhammer 3 on release day.
  • Putting the preorder money into a 9 month term deposit will yield so little interest income that you might as well pre-order the game now as the money is nigh on useless otherwise.

As an additional moral argument:

• By preordering a game without any real incentive to do so, you are signalling game developers that they may not need to make every new title have pre-order rewards which prevent day-1 buyers from accessing the full game.

YOU calm down! I AM CALM!!

But seriously, these are all fantastic points. That first one in particular, I’d never considered that before.

Would $10 be an incentive to pre-order?
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/total-war-warhammer-iii

Have they confirmed there will be an expanded mortal empires map, or are we just assuming so? And if confirmed, confirmed at release?

Hah!! Being sent home due to Corona lockdown isnt ALL bad!
I eh…had a lot of money here :-D

Again from the FAQ:

WILL THERE BE A COMBINED MAP FOR OWNERS OF ALL THREE GAMES?

Yes, though currently our focus is on Total War: WARHAMMER III.

We will release a massive combined map that will be a huge free DLC for owners of all three games, and we’ll have more detail later.

Note that you will need to own all three parts of the trilogy through a single store front in order to claim this free DLC. Please see above for details.

Quick history lesson - Mortal Empires wasn’t available at the launch of Warhammer 2.

I wonder how big the full combined map will be. I’ll be excited when they reveal it.