Triumph of the Jeopardy! Nerd

I have a friend who grew up in Idaho. Whenever I tell her that Mormons don’t drink, she starts laughing hysterically. Apparently, (on a related note) there are also some Catholics who use birth control and have sex outside the sacrament of marriage!

;)

Carl

Well, so much for the rumor – he passed the $1million mark tonight. :)

And once again he did it by crushing his opponents in the first 2 rounds. How long until Alex throws in some categories like “Things Ken Doesn’t Know”?

It’d be kinda cool if they had him face off against all the other 5-time champions.

Whew…I haven’t seen any of his streak (around me, it’s shown at 4p), and after hearing the rumor here, over lunch I was going to set the VCR to tape it, but forgot. So I have at least a one day repreive.

Well, Brad did say that the rumor was that yesterday was his last win, so we’ll see tonight.

Yeah, but he posted that on Monday.

He posted it at 4:16 AM on Tuesday, so it’s up for interpretation, I guess.

Uhh…He posted it at Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:16 pm (That’s PST)

LIES!

To clarify, the rumor was that he would lose Tuesday, so it was bogus. He won again tonight, though it was almost a contest!

The NYT reported that his episodes were recorded in February, but the producers are obviously not talking about his streak ending because they are enjoying the increased ratings.

Hmmm. Not according to what my browser shows. IT IS A MYSTERY!!!

It’s not a mystery any more. :)

By a fluke, I just happened to catch the end of Jeopardy tonight, and … it’s all over. I remember hearing that he was scheduled to be on Letterman tonight – this appears to be why.

He literally got Zerg rushed.

You know that Zergs aren’t real, right?

:roll:

‘Jeopardy!’ whiz Ken Jennings finally meets his match
Associated Press

Ken Jennings finally meets his match, losing on Jeopardy! after winning 74 straight games, in an episode televised Tuesday.

The Salt Lake City quiz whiz, who had won more than $2.5 million, was tripped up during a “Final Jeopardy” query about tax preparer H&R Block. Now that he’s in a new tax bracket, H&R Block is offering to prepare his returns free for life.

Jennings is the biggest money-winner in television game show history.

[size=6]Nancy Zerg[/size], a real estate agent from Ventura, Calif., is the contestant who finally beat him.

</gamer humor>

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

o_O

Don’t tell me he kept winning from July to November! Er, ok, tell me. Or anyway, explain why this topic came back up after 4 months.

Jeopardy! was in repeats for a month during the summer, and there were also a couple of tournaments which interrupted Jennings’ appearances on the program. I believe the show on which he lost was filmed back in September.