Triumph of the Jeopardy! Nerd

This is so fucking good. Rutter’s getting blasted. He got soft because he moved to California from Lancaster!

Has anyone noted recently how much of a unit Trebek is?

I’m not sure what being a “unit” is, but if it’s bad I don’t quite understand why you would think that of him based on the linked article? Should he not celebrate his continued success in beating pancreatic cancer (which has claimed two of my loved ones in the last few years, so I know how much of a death sentence that normally is)?

Why in the world would I defame a guy and then link to a story about him being awesome?

That was my question!

(To clarify, as I was on my phone and didn’t have time or inclination to type up a bunch of stuff that way, I had never heard that term before in that context, so it could have gone either way from my point of view).

When I hear someone being refereed to as a “unit” I think of the second definition that was provided in that Urban Dictionary link you sent. It probably has something to do with me being 40 and growing up in the Beavis and Butthead era.

That’s almost certainly why I assumed it was being used negatively here. Thanks, Beavis.

When I see someone described as a unit I wonder, a unit of what?

Executive Producer: I know exactly who to hire to replace Trebeck. Let’s get the contract going for lots of money!

Why do they do this to us? Next week’s guest host is Joe Buck.

I love old threads.

Wait, WHAT???

Sony Pictures Television is set to announce that Jeopardy! executive producer Mike Richards will host the long-running daily syndicated program and actress Mayim Bialik will host primetime and spin-off specials of the famed quiz show, The Daily Beast has learned.

Seems like a way to quickly move him out if the harassment stuff blows up.

F*** that guy. Boycotting the show if they keep him, and I’ve watched nearly every episode for the past, oh… 50 years!!

And there ya go

Vetting? How does it work?

R

Also, any time the person in charge of a prestigious job search gives themselves the job, it’s probably not a good sign.

Right - setting aside his past behavior you had a bunch of guest hosts that both connected with the audience and that expressed interest in the job… and then end up picking the internal candidate. Not a good look.

In short, give us LeVar Burton.