Tron 2 (or as its being titled TR2N)

Wow, they keep this quiet. Didn’t even know it was in production

They could just make a movie out of the plot of the Tron 2.0 videogame and call it a day.

Woohoo! <insert pic of me grinning in Whitta-Glee>

Now if only I could find the trailer somewhere… How the hell do you pronounce TR2N anyway?

Man, can the whole “numbers-as-letters” thing die already? I still refuse to use “Se7en”, but at least a 7 looks a little like a V if you turn it on its side and don’t focus too much.

As if I don’t have enough games to play. Now I want to replay Tron 2.0.

That sounds awesome! Sign me up!

it moved

I actually saw this today at Comic-Con. The whole audience was stunned as we were only expecting more Witch Mountain footage. The TR2N trailer was a “surprise” at the end of the panel and caught the whole audience off guard.

The site linked in the above post sums it all up pretty accurately. The one part the article failed to mention is that before the trailer, it was announced that we probably won’t hear anything about it for another year (not sure if he meant it was a year away from release, or a year away from an official trailer).

The updated “graphics” of the Tron world looks pretty good. The amount of detail that went into the new lightcycle (which resembles the Batpod from Dark Knight with the huge tires) looked awesome. I hope they maintain continuity with Tron 2.0, since I thought it was a neat story.

I’m hoping someone snuck a camera in there and puts it up on the internets. I would love to see it again.

Doubleplusgood posts. /agree

Hmmm, I just got Tron 2.0 for like 2 bucks a little while back, haven’t loaded it up yet…

Tron 2.0 is a great game. It can be hard as hell sometimes, there’s a lot of platforming and the light cycles can be a pain at first (patching it allows races to be skipped), but the plot, voice acting, graphics and cool RPG features make it a winner. I’d rather see another game than a movie. Unless it stars The Dude.

Damn, first VTMB got reinstalled because of an earlier thread; now I’m staring at my Tron disc…

I loved Tron 2.0 and still think it gets kind of underrated. I want a sequel :(

Tron 2.0 was sheer popcorn gaming bliss. I think that was one of the few games I played through twice because I enjoyed it so much.

You mean like this?

“26 years ago, we believed a man could tron”

WTF? “Tron” is a verb now?

K, I’ll install it this weekend and give it a whirl I s’pose.

Is that video supposed to be a joke or is it a fan hoax or something? Because it is lame and nothing at all like what is described on the AICN page.

Fake as a fake fakir from Faketown (who is fake).

Yeah, pretty obvious fake there – reused footage from the original, doesn’t look anything like the AICN blurb, lots of black screens and text and nothin’ much else.

Yes, I often go to clubs and ask “would you be interested in some troning?”

Crappy quality, but at least it’s the real footage.