TRON: Uprising

Okay, after watching the last two episodes, I’m not sure if this is even a kids’ show anymore. Both of the episodes ended on a very dark note. I’m wondering if the Sunday night airtime is intentional. Either way, I’m still holding out hope that it won’t be canceled.

They both end with the protagonist failing. Especially the first – the scientist isn’t just not recruited but murdered. Ouch.

I just love the audio in this show, both the music and otherwise. Super warm and almost too rich, it’s just delightful. I was surprised to that some find the character design repulsive – I love the the look. Just a hint of Aeon Flux, enough to give it some punch.

I was thinking about the tone generally – since everything takes place in virtual computer fantasy world there’s apparently no problem murdering tons and tons of people in this kids show. It’s not death, it’s derezzing, the ‘programs’ fall into little cubes when they die. But in the context of the show every one is a sentient being who life is extinguished. Beck and the other good guys are appropriated horrified and try really hard to not derez anyone including people trying to kill them.

In terms of Tron Uprising being cancelled… while there’s nothing official, google reveals there are second hard reports from people who say they know artists or whatever and that haven’t been hired back for a second season. Technically, that’s ‘on hiatus’ but the hammer hasn’t actually dropped at the highest level yet. The one good thing is that I would imagine resurrecting an animated show after a hiatus is a lot more plausible than a live-action one.

Too bad this wasn’t on Cartoon network or something.

Well, I think there’s a bigger question of whether they’re giving up on the franchise entirely. Tron Legacy 2 has been “planned” for quite a while without any real concrete details, and I think they were waiting to see if the show could buoy its popularity in the meantime. As I understand it, it’s been right on the bubble of whether it’s worth continuing. If the show gets cancelled, it probbaly means the entire franchise is dead.

Planned for “quite a while now”?? Legacy came out at the end of 2010. The original TRON came out in 1981. I think it’s a little premature to say that the franchise is dead because they haven’t publicly announced details of a sequel to a movie that came out barely two years ago.

Just got caught up on this and sad that it likely has been cancelled.

Was flipping through the channel guide tonight and I noticed that there is a new episode of this on tonight at midnight EST. This reminds me of the schedule switching they did with Freakazoid right before cancellation. Apparently the execs don’t have confidence in the ratings when they put a kids show on Sunday at midnight.

And the last episode goes even darker. Ouch.

yeah, no way they’re going to wrap it up with positive resolution (ie. secret identity shared with friends, get the girl etc) with the 1 remaining episode. :(

Hey, at this point I’d be happy if they resolved it with Tron going bad and setting up the events of TRON: Legacy. But then again, I’m still holding out hope that the show has not been canceled.

and so it ends on a down note of a cliffhanger. :( never to be resolved.

Really? It wasn’t really a down note OR a cliffhanger. Did we watch the same episode??

Plus, the show still hasn’t officially been canceled.

Giant fleet heading towards Argon? Agree it’s not a down note though, because other positive things happened.

I dunno, I found it bleak.

Very bleak, but TRON is fixed, and the uprising has started.

Please Disney gods give us a 2nd season. :(

Paige hasn’t been turned though.

Yeah, the show is way too dark to be on Disney. With Cyrus’s hinted rapiness last episode.

This is now on Netflix, just so people know.

Fun show. Burn through it on Netflix if you never gave it a chance!

I’ve spent the past few days burning through it. Great show and very frustrating that it’s been so neglected and almost certainly wont get continued.

For a moment I was sure that the final episode was going to end with Tron being turned, as a lead in to Legacy, but it’s clear the writers intended for another season. Now I’m going to be miffed if we never get any kind of closure to the stories of Beck, Paige and the other characters. I’d much rather get a continuation of this than a follow up movie to Legacy (and I actually enjoyed Legacy) :(

Yeah, that cartoon was awesome. Beautiful. The last couple episodes took a couple turns I was not expecting and it was actually pretty moving and a little bit shocking in places. How is that possible??? lol