True Blood Season Four

Really? The baby scenes always crack me up.

I thought the barbie scene was referencing Dexter.

Thank God for Terry! He is the only thing keeping that character subset interesting.

Terry is awesome. I’m still finding it pretty hard to give a shit about the rest of the show anymore.

Y’know, I recall being mostly bored during the prior season, but these two episodes? Could not stop laughing. Whoever it was who said the show is a comedy: thank you. That perspective shift was all I needed to start having fun again.

Also, how long until Tara’s girlfriend gets killed?

No you got this wrong - how long until we find out that Tara’s girlfriend isn’t actually human.

CSL is right. You know he’s right.

Clearly, you’re not up on your AD&D classes or on your Angel lore.

AD&D: necromancers practice wizardry, not clerical (divine) magic. Thus, they animate the dead and control them, they don’t actual bring people back to life (i.e., raise dead or ressurect).

Angel: season 6 reveals that necromancers have great powers over vampires, because they are a form of undead.

Seriously, you’re going to nerd-out more if you’re going to keep up with this thread.

Anybody get reminded of the faries in “Legend” (the Tom Cruise flick)? The sharp teeth and long ears did it for me.

Ha it’s been awhile since I watched Angel or messed around with AD&D (does Baldur’s Gate count?). I just know that bird flew away apparently alive and not some necromancer-controlled automaton.

I’m sure I’m way off but it would be cool to see someone lose their vampire-hood on this show.

I thought the bird dropped dead (de-animated) after a few seconds.

As soon as it flew out of the circle IIRC.

I agree with the too many threads crowd. There’s way too many things going on in this show.

The Jason/Were-panther plot sucked last season and it sucks now. I was on board with Tara up til now, get rid of her. Sam’s whole story arc is useless and boring. Just stick to Sookie, Bill, Eric, and the other vampires, they’re the only interesting group.

Well crap. There goes my grand theory!

I agree!

Up til now? All she’s done is cry every episode for like two full seasons.

Sookie and Bill are the worst part of the show. Hands down.

I thought things were looking up for Bill this season, but I’ve thought that before, and after episode two it looks like it’s just going to be more of the same. Boring old Bill, the vampire with the heart of gold. Every time they start to add some edge to him, hint at him being an asshole or, you know, not goody-two-shoes, I start to get interested, but then it always turns out to be nothing. He’s always the same.

Every time Sookie is on-screen I end up declaring how much I friggin’ hate her. Every time. I don’t want to, but she makes me. She’s a constant whirl of bewildered stupidity.

Eric’s alright though.

Eric should just move to England and start messing with the Being Human crew…

In his flashbacks, is he speaking German or Swedish? I’d love a spin-off of Eric and Godric back in the viking days, with all the dialog in that language (subtitled, of course).

It’s Swedish, and having Eric doing it is fine, but the other characters’ accents are … grating, to a native speaker. Especially Pam’s. I’m so very happy they stopped having Pam and Eric speak Swedish together.

According to the wiki, Pam’s character is supposed to be English. So, maybe it’s in-character for her Swedish to be bad.

How’s Godric’s Swedish, or Eric’s parents’ Swedish?

Godric’s Swedish was decent (him being played by a Dane and all). The parents I don’t remember, but since they made the effort with the others I wouldn’t be surprised if they found Scandinavian actors there too.

If it is 1,000 years ago, it probably should be Runic Swedish? Not that I can tell, or have any idea how differently Runic & Modern Swedish would sound, but Godric & Eric apparently were speaking the same language in 1000 and 1944. I guess vampires would use a dead language…

Yes, I went all that way just for a “dead” joke.