Trump 2024

Sarcasm detector… Overloading!

Is it sarcasm? I mean, nothing drives up votes in election faster then a hated opponent. We saw that in Hillary (even if that hate was unfounded), we saw that in Trump in both 2016 and 2020, and we saw that in the run up to the Civil War.

I’m sure it was sarcasm, since that’s what everyone, including me, was saying in the run up to the 2016 election. But at the time I thought Clinton was the perfect Presidential candidate and way overqualified for the job. I expected a blowout.

But you’re also right that in 2024 Trump will be a known quantity, and a known hated quantity by a lot of people at that. The calculus will be different, but given three more years of voter suppression efforts I’m not going to underestimate his chances again.

It’s not sarcasm, I’ve been in a Thai prison for the last 8 years. What did I miss?

Now, the voting suppression does worry me. But if that goes through, almost any GOP could win, and in some ways, a Moron Like Trump might be better then say the Florida guy. At least Trump will sabotage himself with his incompetence and laziness.

So, I don’t fear Trump, I fear the GOP and there ability to suppress the vote.

Well, US politics is now a lot more like Thai politics, just without the army being involved.

Also, remember Biden is hated by Trump supporters. They hate anyone who isn’t like them.

I really want some citation on this. I am sure that some Trump Voters do hate Biden, but I dare say that Biden isn’t nearly as hated as Hillary was, or almost anyone in the Democratic party.

At least on at a scale you seem to think.

You’re right, he isn’t.

He’s hated enough to motivate them to vote. They’re going to show up (though I do think voter suprression efforts might hit Trump supporters as well, they’re pretty dumb)

Biden is still rather popular for a Post Trump President.

They were going to vote no matter what.

I am more interested in the independents that usually are out to vote against some one, or hate both candidates enough not to vote.

The thing is, Biden doesn’t generate enough hate to turn off left leaning independents to not vote, or motivate right leaning independents to vote.

Trump generates enough emotions to motivate his base, but he also motivates every other vase in the Country. Which is why Trump lost by 10 million votes.

Now, all that might get thrown out with voter suppression, but then, it’s not Trump that is winning, but GOP that is winning.

And that assumes it’s Biden running in 2024.

Yeah, that is another unknown. VP Harris doesn’t seem to have enough prestige to step up for herself yet, and she seems she draws the ire of the GOP simple by not being White or male.

If Biden retains his popularity I am not sure how can pick up his mantle if he doesn’t (and probably shouldn’t) run in 2024. I see Pete showing up on a lot of media though.

But, in the next 2 years, we might have another Barack Obama moment. Fingers crossed.

The only thing that stops Biden from running in 2024 is a catastrophic health failure of some kind. Assuming that doesn’t happen (crossing my fingers there), he’s running.

I don’t know. I think history would remember him very well if he elected to be a one term president, and step aside for a younger generation. And I see Biden really wanting that footnote.

‘President that healed the nation after Trump, and passed on the torch to the next generation.’

But who knows. He seems fit and healthy now, maybe he believes that in 7 years he will still be fit and healthy.

Women?

Or men. This is 2021 after all! No assumptions, no judgment.

Indeed, but I assumed there would be plenty of men in a Thai prison.

Touche!
That was incredible funny. Thank you for that belly laugh.