Trump 2024

The Trump Organization is likely to be charged quite soon in NY, per all the reporting, but I think that’s unlikely to land anybody in jail. In the US, when the government charges a company with a crime, the usual outcome is a settlement where the company pays a fine but no one does time. The charges will likely have something to do with fraud / tax evasion. I think Trump could personally face other charges on tax-related stuff, but there isn’t much noise about that now, and (again) he might just be hit with a big fine.

It’s pretty clear that he committed crimes while in office, particularly obstruction of justice, but it isn’t at all clear that anyone at DOJ wants to pursue those charges, despite the the fact that Mueller pointed them in that direction and gave them a road map for it.

Its the same look forward and not back shit that the Obama admin did post GWB. As much as I can respect Joe for being the empathetic person he is, there are two big areas where I have a bone to pick.

and that is one of them. The other is not fronting marijuana legalization strongly. It’s a winning policy, why the hell is it not front and center yesterday.

I heard there’s a possibility the company could be dissolved. Which would be nice and probably really piss Trump off, which is always a good thing.

But he won’t be going to jail for this.

I’m curious what additional things may come out in discovery.

I think Trump and his companies engage in fraud and cheat on their taxes is pretty much baked in to public awareness at this point.

There isn’t really any one company that would make a meaningful impact if it were shut down. It’s hundreds of interconnected companies. As I understand it there isn’t a single holding company, although there are a couple with “The Trump Organisation” in their names.

Amusingly, (sorry if folks were already talking about this and I missed it) Trump apparently is suing NYC, because they’re not allowing him to run the golf club in the Bronx anymore.

This seems like a terrible mistake on Trump’s part, because that absolutely will open up everything to discovery by the city as they build their case for why he’s not fit to run the club. And this is yet another totally self inflicted wound.

We got him!?

Really, if all you have to do is run out the clock and die before your creditors/prosecutors/etc. get you, I think the odds are with Trump.

As long as he dies before he can fuck more stuff up, I’m cool with it.

On the bright side, each dissolution puts him that much closer to a fatal aneurysm.

Also, at this point in history, “be better than that” can bite me.

Agreed. I will not be surprised if that suit vanishes quickly once the defense lawyers call his bluff.

And why wouldn’t they? It’s not like they are being paid out of someone’s private account. They are being paid by NYC. NYC can afford to go to the mat if they want.

Certainly longer than Trump can.

Sorry. Poor phrasing on my part. I mean NYC will call Trump’s bluff and say, “bring it.” Trump will fold like a cheap suit.

Request for spoiler tagging TFG’s idiot face.

Call me a snowflake, but fuck me if I don’t have a visceral reaction at this point.

I mean, punching all these monitors is starting to get expensive.

I hope Republicans are dumb enough to nominate him! There’s no way a clown like him could win in the general.