Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

Jesus Christ. When you’re under investigation for obstruction of justice for firing the head of an investigation because he wouldn’t drop it, maybe don’t speculate about firing the head of that investigation unless he comes up with “an honourable solution”.

“I totally implied I might have a tape so Comey would be honest in his testimony.”

[quote]
“I’ve been reading about it for the last couple of months about the seriousness of the horribleness of the situation with surveillance all over the place,” the president said in the interview. “So you never know what’s out there, but I didn’t tape, and I don’t have any tape and I didn’t tape.”

When the Fox interviewer suggested that the possible existence of recordings might make sure Mr. Comey “stayed honest in those hearings,” Mr. Trump paused before responding, “Well, it wasn’t very stupid, I can tell you that.”[/quote]

I’m confused. If I take it as given that Trump did in fact suggest Comey drop the investigation against Flynn - and we all take that as given, don’t we? - then what was the goal here? He tweeted about the tapes in order to ensure Comey “stayed honest” which really meant either lied or shut up. Did he really think that would work?

It may have been that nonsense about Comey telling Trump he wasn’t under investigation and how Trump seems obsessed with people knowing that, while not realizing everything else that is going on around him and the greater context,

We need a P&R macro to insert this into any post with the appropriate substitution for xxxx.

He’s probably terrified of tapes someone (Russia?) has on him. Then, when displaying false bravado, he naturally brings up the very thing he is afraid of, projecting that fear onto them and assuming they will be crapping their pants like he is.

Trump sounds like a poorly designed chatbot.

you go girl

that is the proper “like” response, right?

I believe the proper parlance is

This is Comey’s associate who has dropped the TICK TICK TICK tweets. Look for another bombshell NYT story soon.

Oh cool, we’re doing this again.

Seriously. The GOP congress isn’t going to impeach Trump no matter what comes out.

This guy’s “TICK TICK TICK” bullshit is just Twitter grandstanding.

Wtf is wrong with people. New poll shows people believe Comey over Trump at 2-1 margin. How is it not at least 4-1 or higher?

Have you met Trump supporters? Like real, honest-to-God Trump supporters? They believe everything he (or InfoWars, or whatever) says. Anything and everything else is binned as “fake news”.

I try to avoid talking to that side of the family :)

Heh. It’s the bulk of my family, unfortunately (minus siblings, they’re mostly not involved in politics at all).

Speaking of my family, I say without hyperbole that they live in a different reality. For example, it’s wouldn’t be that the US intelligence services lied when they said that Russia interfered, it’d be that it literally didn’t happen. Same with anything else that doesn’t jive with what they want to believe. If there’s an uncomfortable truth, it simply didn’t happen. If they need something to get riled up, they’ll believe fantasy (see the supposed pizza parlor pedophile ring).

The best I can describe my interactions with them is that they have taken confirmation bias to an utterly pathological level. I’ve always disagreed with them politically, but it’s become completely impossible to converse with them anymore because we’re in two different realities.

I think people are simply conditioned by years of cinema where conspiracy theories come true alongside a glorification of gangster lifestyle that they truly believe the boring truth is false and the crazy options must be true.

I think people are worthless, retarded shit, but your theory seems happier.