Two Point Hospital - Theme Hospital Like

Hm yeah nice tips. I read somewhere that the injection / pharmacy skill was a waste but haven’t really done the math yet myself.

Ugh the temperature stuff is a nuisance.

I start every hospital making noce and cozy rooms, end up running out of money too soon, and having to restart the entire level again lol. If you end up having to take a loan, you’re already screwed imo

The injection/pharmacy probably is, and maybe it is better to just go with all treatment so the staff operate optimally in either room, plus also the animal magnetism, chromatherapy and other treatment rooms also. I’ll be the last to admit to min/maxing things, generally. I reckon you’re right kristina, and I think I’ll do that on the next map. Thanks for the heads up.

It is so easy getting into a death spiral with the game sometimes. I decided at one point earlier that I’d train up my reception staff. One poor individual on the front counter with a queue of 100+ patients to process while all the other staff were being trained in customer service. They came back, but the queue was awful, in part contributed by a major advertising campaign at the same time, and it just became a huge bottleneck in my hospital where I was bleeding money because I could only diagnose and not get any actual cures. Clear the reception and then the GP’s were struggling to cope. I ended up having to sack half my staff, fast tracking diagnosis to 50%, stop promoting and take out loans to ride it out. I think maybe I should have sent everyone home and gone from there. I just wish there was a way to limit entering patients. The map was the Blighton map, that I managed to 3 star after a looooooong time, but the regular epidemics were frustrating, and getting hygiene to 90% was exasperating. This is all with a patient population over 200 wandering around. No thanks, not again.

Early game, I pretty much go with the bare minimum when it comes to rooms because I know I’ll be coming back later to fix them up. Unless I decide to be lazy and just spam gold certificates on the wall to get the room to level 4. Definitely a flaw with the game, and another feature I wish they didn’t have. It’s nice decorating them, but when diagnosis and treatment can be affected by staff who are happier in a high prestige room, yeah I stopped having time or interest in that. The $250,000 loan is nuts with its repayments, and as soon as I can, I’ll finance that debt with the 100,000 and 50,000 loans because the repayments each month are much lower.

Yes to limiting patients!
I actually put counters in multiple buildings so that they are spread out, plus you can train some of the assistants and know that there is someone else tot ale care of queues meanwhile.

I’m only at the power plant-hospital so far, but it’s already a struggle to ge to 3 stars (cure rate of 90%!! lol)

right know, I’m mostly annoyed with me either not being able to figure out how, or the game not allowing me to, assign a specific room to just one doctor.
the DNA labs can be assigned to either just treatments or just diagnosis, but what the heck does that help if I can’t tell my dna-treatment doctor to not work in the dna-diagnosis room??

Would controlling the roles your staff play work instead? I can usually make sure e.g. only diagnosis nurses work in the ward set to diagnosis, but allow treatment nurses to work in the other.

It works on everything but DNA room, since that room is used both for diagnosis and treatment. The room has an option to switch on/off treatment or diagnosis, bur no options for locating specific doctors there (as far as I know).

That’s a bit of an oversight.

I have been thinking about whether it is just better to switch off diagnosis on the DNA Lab and rely on the other methods. At least in the early part of the game where patients will queue for that room. In my last big map, I had 4 of those Healexers going at once. Doing some reading, I found that genetics diseases will cause the patient to die if the treatment fails. So maybe the best option is to have a genetics Dr with treatment only?

A mix of fully upgraded machines (both diagnosis and treatment) and well trained staff and you’ll achieve it readily. It does take time though.

oh that sounds like a good idea!

Speaking of unexpected crossovers…