Two weird tastes that taste great together?

Apple and a salad with heated goat cheese make for a great mix as well.

OK, how is the Underwood liver wurst then? I enjoy a good liver wurst.

I haven’t tried it or the roast beef. A man has to know his limits. :) Anyway, nothing beats a thick slice of deli liverwurst with a slice of onion and spicy brown mustard on rye bread. Damn. Now I’m hungry.

Dude, I’m a big proponent of pineapple on pizza, but even I think that combination is an abomination.

Tuna and anything on pizza should not exist.

I have been wanting to do liverwurst for some time. I’ve done it as pate, but how should one prepare a liverwurst sandwich? Bread, condiments, cheese, etc. The above sounds good, but I’d like to hear what some good choices and options are.

Yep I’m gonna do that.

For my own weird combo it’s sour cream on stale re-heated pizza. It’s great as it no longer matters how dry it is.

My favorite, sadly no longer easily attainable (though some regions DO stock it), was a “secret shake” we’d make at Ben & Jerry’s when I still worked there.

The base was Cinnamon Buns:

Caramel Ice Cream with Cinnamon Bun Dough & a Cinnamon Streusel Swirl

Then, we’d add in milk, as usual, a little caramel sauce, and a heaping helping of our pineapple tidbits normally reserved for smoothies.

The result was a shake which tasted exactly like a freezing cold pineapple upside down cake, and it was amazing.

That’s it for me. I’m sure that there are other combos, but I don’t partake that often. So when I do, I go for what I know works.

Wait I got another one, from my three-year-old daughter. She had gotten a few pods of peas from our garden and dumped them into a container of yogurt and ate them all up. She declared it “yummy.”

Well, that sucka is getting made this weekend.

You guys have me now wanting some liverwurst, or Braunschweiger, probably the latter. So flipping good.

Nav, we always made the sandwiches with just great bread, mayo, salt/pepper, and sometimes lettuce. My dad preferred Rich’s version with onions and a little mustard added. It doesn’t matter, it’s good on a sandwich, period. If we did have cheese on them it was kraft singles, mostly mild and nothing fancy. The liverwurst was always the star.

To get into a bit more detail, I prefer Vidalia onion because of its sweetness. Gulden’s brown mustard. Seeded rye. However you go, enjoy!

It tastes as shit as you can imagine.
But the seafood on the pizza there is almost a lesser crime compared to another: the heretics living on that forsaken island enjoy to remove the tomato sauce from about any form of pizza. Brrr!

I have a pretty plain combination to suggest: a macadamia nut in your mouth, you put a piece of a plain but tasty Frecnh baguette in there. It strangely yields new flavours to the little yellow thing.

I am a fan of rye bread: do you have any alternative to the liverwurst? as that isn’t easy to come by for me.

Thank you, Chef.

Where are you located? France? Going by your title I’m guessing.

Heh. I wish. But thanks.

I was in Japan but moving to France. I have looked up, and liverwurst is something I have never eaten, nor remember seeing anywhere there. We got “paté de foie”, but it is a pretty plain tasting paté, and it doesn’t look similar to its German brother.

They are not so dissimilar. Liverwurst has more “bite”.

I would think that it will be easy to find many kinds of wurst, liver and otherwise, in France. Probably better than the kind we get in the USA. After all, it started there. Good luck.

I think it may depend on whose livers it is made of. Sadly, Chicken livers is what is most often used. I remember some pretty tasty pâté de foie a couple of times, and they may have been from pigs or such.