Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End

I think it was the second one. The second one is also where you start off in the museum, carefully not killing a single person, and then you get to the rooftop, and the game forces you to throw a guard off the roof if you want to proceed, after all that time in the museum avoiding killing guards. And after you throw that guy off the roof, then all pretense about avoiding killing goes out the window. It sort of reads like a statement Naughty Dog is making: Here, we could let you play a game where you’re not killing scores of people, but we’re not going to. We’re going to force you to kill. So deal with it.

The worst - the worst! - was Uncharted 3. I distinctly remember having to shoot the suited bad guys before having been shot at first. Literally the first person to pull the trigger is you. A very Han Shot First thing that put a bad taste in my mouth from the start.

Yep, that was ridiculous already. But for me U4 was even worse because it has such nice human moments, the life at home, the epilogue with Cassie…it just doesn’t mesh at all whatsoever.

IIRC, you can see that guard swim away.

Nathan Fillion finally plays Nathan Drake

In my opinion, he is as great as I expected him to be. Sure low budget etc but I would pay to see a big budget version of this. Just get Emily Rose as Elena.

Also, seeing Chayton is always nice.

Came here to post this. One of the best things. Makes me want to replay 3 or 4. Oh, wait, I think I own only 4. Oh, double-wait, I completely forgot there was a new Uncharted game that I never played! What was that called…?

Lost Legacy and it was very good, must play for Uncharted fans.

I am a bit tempted to replay U4 too, but I only finished it a year ago so I will give it more time.

It is uncanny

That was fantastic.

Cool video and well done. Wouldn’t mind seeing a whole movie of that kind of fun indy adventure stuff. Doesn’t seem to be around much anymore.

Though I am a bit curious as to what that was all about. Can’t JUST be a fanfiction movie can it? Perhaps him showing he can still do action hero stuff?

I mean I have no doubt that Nathan Fillion would love it if the public reaction prompted Sony to finance a full movie with him starring the way Deadpool was greenlit after the test footage got out, if that’s what you mean :)

I guess they are too poor to hire Claudia Black.

That was pretty awesome.

First, as a whole I’m enjoying Uncharted 4. Drake is great as usual. I’m not a big fan of his brother. The story is entertaining and the graphics are great.

This seems to be the story of my life lately, but I wish there wasn’t so much filler content in Uncharted 4. The drive to the volcano seemed brutally long. Traversal seems too long too. I only need so much moving the left stick to the next hand hold. One wave of enemies for the encounters would be plenty too.

I saw that how long to beat has the main story at 15 hours and I don’t see how that is possible.I was thinking cool - I could go for a shortish story based game that doesn’t overstay its welcome. It’s gotta take me double that, at least. I’m not dying a ton either. I make the occasional mis jump, or die in a firefight a handful of times - but it’s not like I’m replaying a fight for 30 minutes or anything.

I just wish they could condense the entire experience and then it would be awesome.

Edit: I guess I haven’t been playing as long as it feels. Game says I’ve got 8+ hours into it and I’m about halfway done.

And it’s a wrap. It was nice to see it through to the end. The game is at it’s best when Nathan and Eleana are in it together. Sam was ok but he just isn’t the same.

Same as I said above. I could have used less traversal, less waves if enemies.

Uncharted could always do with fewer waves of enemies.

The standalone successor game Lost Legacy is a much better experience in terms of pacing. It’s a tight but very meaningful experience.

I can’t believe how fast you are. Uncharted 1 and 2 both took me about a year to finish, because there are sooooooo many waves of enemies, and so much traversal.

I think it’s safe to say I play many more hours per week than you do :-)

You need a quality 60-70 hour a week job. That will cut down all that gaming time quick .