Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End

That…would make me a very unhappy person. Not due to the gaming time loss, but the working that many hours.

Looks like UC4 is set to be coming to PC. From Sony’s investor meeting slides:

Wow, would that be the first Naughty Dog game on PC?

Awesome. Does it make sense to start with number 4?

Love them trying to spin The Show no longer being exclusive as a positive.

Dream Zone was out on PCs on DOS. Keef the Thief was too! We’re missing 3DO’s classic Way of the Warrior.

I did and enjoyed it!

Tried going back and playing some of the early ones, but got distracted and never finished them. So, I reckon: its fine to skip them and just go for it. Its a fun cinematic game, however it all depends on your patience for VERY scripted / on-rails type games (other games of the genre arew the new Tomb Raiders or Last of Us).

Normally I don’t really enjoy that game-type very much (never could finish LoU or TR2/3), but the visuals and the style of Uncharted4 was enough to carry me over those scripted / QTE parts to complete it.

Wow. I wonder if Sony is exploring eventually moving on from hardware. They’re steadily devaluing PlayStation ownership by making it possible to play their games on PC. They’re becoming as well known for their prestige 3rd person games as their hardware anyway.

So I guess the killer exclusive for my PS5 is my PS4 library?

Only last gen titles so far though.

Yeah and stuff that’s several years old, Uncharted 4 came out 5 years ago. It can serve to build the brand as it gets the games in front of non-Sony console owners and could incentivize them to get a PS5 to play the next installment or big Sony game sooner. Horizon was over 3 years old and Days Gone roughly 2. It’s a big change from what they’ve done historically but until we see some of these games launching in roughly the same time window I don’t see it as them moving away from hardware any time soon, and even then not really.

Welcome to PC land Sony. Come on in, the water’s fine.

Sure, for now. But I did not expect a contemporary Naughty Dog title to be ported, yet here we are. Sony seems to be saying their games will be playable without their hardware for anyone willing to wait. We’ll know for sure if or when a PS5 game gets ported.

I think that’ll probably be more than made up for by people who check out the older games on PC, and decide they’d rather buy a PS5 to play the next game in the series now rather than wait until the eventual PC release.

No one expected a contemporary Guerrilla title to be ported either, and we got Horizon Zero Dawn.

I am certainly not expecting a contemporary From title to be ported. Nope, never Bloodborne (please please please)…

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy coming together to PC means that will likely be the best way to experience the game. Suddenly me buying them at $10 each years ago doesn’t look like such a great deal if I have to buy them again before playing them. Of course, I could just play them on PS4 anyway. I should do that.

But I have to finish Uncharted 3 first.

Its like we are the same person, only I haven’t unwrapped Uncharted 3 yet!

Heh, I said the same thing when Horizon Zero Dawn was finally announced for PC. I ended up buying it on PC and not playing much more of it there either. :P

I finished both on Pro and regret it. Can’t wait to experience them in actually-pleasant-to-play 60fps.

It’s coming to PC? Triffic :)

For me all the PS to PC releases have had the big advantage of being one-offs. There have been no ‘series’ and no sequelitis yet.

It’s the fourth game in the series…