Victory! (Johnny_Drama.gif)

https://www.manhattanda.org/tomorrow-d-a-vance-ends-prosecution-of-marijuana-possession-and-smoking-cases/

“Our research has found virtually no public safety rationale for the ongoing arrest and prosecution of marijuana smoking, and no moral justification for the intolerable racial disparities that underlie enforcement.”

suck%20it%20down

No need to thank me–I just came to celebrate and remind you that I told you so. Carry on, yon hoi polloi.

Whut?

Uh, ok, sure.

That’s a good link for our existing legalization thread though.

To be fair, it’s very low energy. Best to start over now that New York, New York has thrown in the towel.

Additionally, it was never legal to outlaw the sacred flora in the first place, so “legalization” is just another Bolshevik distraction. It’s time to step up and stride into the future, Citizen.

Interesting first post. I guess.

Wait. Doesn’t this mean the terrorists have won?

“I told you so”, he says with his first post.

images

Maybe we could get wumpus or some other mod to move this into the existing pothead thread.

Too soon, man. Too soon.

I mean, hey, there are worse things to first post about. Being excited for legal pot is fine. If anything it’ll make sure they keep it mellow.

I mean they could have come in here and made first posts about something incendiary like ahem Star Citizen. And do we really need that kind of trouble here?

I hear you. Or they could have told Brian Rubin that Starflight 1 sucked.

They’re lucky that wasn’t the case.

I assumed this was a previous poster that registered under a new name, based on the tone of the first post.

Partly due to the OP’s method of writing and assuming everyone knows what he’s talking about (posting links and images without any real context, from my point of view), and partly due to me not clicking on the link, I’m not sure what we are actually talking about. Is the US dropping charges to people that have possession charges or something?

Manhattan DA. This Vance dude is kinda a dick:

These are dark times for Manhattan district attorney Cyrus Vance, Jr., as two high-profile investigative reports—about Harvey Weinstein and Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr.—have revealed that Vance has a suspicious habit of declining to prosecute some of New York’s most powerful people, while, uh, also accepting campaign donations from their lawyers.

Anyway city council, mayor, AND governor have been making moves to legalize pot for a while. Pot has been legal for cancer since … December via Cuomo. Couple months ago I think they added IBS and PTSD to list of conditions. I was wondering if I should start a dispensary and make some money but there’s only five in the city. That’s a nice license to get.

Any reason to not apply for the license even if you never use it? Maybe in the years to come obtaining one will be much harder or something?

Thanks for the details!

I think it costs $100-$250. I have a family member that was looking into the process. I’m not a pothead myself but I know a bunch.

I remember that for the practitioner (a nurse, physician’s assistant or medical doctor) just needs a 2-4 hour online course to qualify to dispense.

We are? What are you talking about?

Oh, I get it, you’re high right now, aren’t you?

I think you might be confusing us with somebody else? I feel like the overall sentiment on this board is generally pro-legalization, either for libertarian reasons of pointless restrictions of individual liberties, or for social justice reasons of criminal justice reform and the generally racist unequal enforcement of drug policy.

It is fairly significant, although in terms of local NY politics this was coming for a while, going so far as Cuomo feeling pressured recently (by Cynthia Nixon of all people) to lean towards a more legalization-y stance.

Which is to say: Yeeaaah man, 420 blaze it.

So generous. Carry on, Citizen.