Video game lore questions

How do the Monster Hunter World areas support such an insanely large population of monsters?

Could Duke Nukem be charged with a crime for slaughtering the Cocooned Babes begging him to kill them?

Where is Half-Life 3?

Okay, you got two big laughs out of me in this thread.

In The Last of Us, you’re pretty much okay if you stay away from spore areas, although there’s the occasional wandering Infected out in the open that can ruin your day.

But, as my fully-armed-and-operational hay fever is reminding me, stuff like pollen and dander and spores get EVERYWHERE. Not just in the air, either, which would be good enough to infect the entire human race and safe zones be damned. They’re spores. They live in water. Are the CZs in TLOU advanced enough to have 100% water filtration and treatment? As far as I can tell, they barely have electricity. And 20 years later, what the hell are survivors eating? That Fallout canned food bullshit is just that. Maybe a Snowpiercer style food systems? OK. And, oh – gas doesn’t last 20 years.

All I’m saying is that if the extinction event plague comes via spores, humanity is fucked. There’s no way to survive other than living in a CDC hot room.

And in speaking of diseases, the only time anyone has to worry about the Dollar Flu in The Division are in the Hot Zone areas, which you have a filtration mask for. What about all of the dead bodies and other plague carriers wandering around? FUCK. CALLING DR. KILLPATIENT

Why are there “boss” zombies? It makes no internal logic to me.

Now see, TLOU tried to explain that – older infected got all tough and chewy, like a rooster that’s allowed to live too long before you murder it and throw it in a pot.

But as far as “hey the gas in that generator is not only good, but the gennie is too despite sitting here for two decades”… no dice

Well, some folks are more badass in life, they’d become a pretty badass zombie wouldn’t they? Stands to reason.

When Dwayne Johnson and Arnold Schwarzenegger become zombies. They shall be boss zombies.

Like +1

Why is the Tiger’s Claw so small? There’s no way all those fighters could fit into that thing.

They’re all Jetsons style. That Scimitar fits right in a briefcase!

THAT EXPLAINS SO MUCH ABOUT THOSE GAMES.

Why didn’t Constantine simply let Garrett go after Garrett brought Constantine the eye he needed from the haunted cathedral? If Garrett was free to go about his business, Constantine would’ve succeeded in turning the world into a woodsie hippy fest.

Because he’s evil. Evil people like to get rid of their construction workers after they’re done building the bunker.

“You know too much. So, I’ma gouge your eye out. All right now, run along.”

Who really was the narrator in the Dungeon Keeper games? (Yes, I know IRL it’s Richard Riddings). There was a retcon in WftO, but I’m not buying it. Was it like a Tyler Durden/The Narrator situation?

Serious answer: He goes on a firearms course as part of the in-game tutorial/hazard course.

edit: Changed video link, it’s in part 2. Part 1 is mostly him trying to long jump.

Oh yeah, forgot about that bit.

Sort of odd that a physicist would get that kind of training, but I guess that’s how they roll at Black Mesa.

In most of the Fallout series titles, why does it seem nearly every Vault had issues in some way, while huge numbers of survivors actually lived through the wars and prospered to the point of villages and even cities? The whole premise of the vaults seemed to be a failed strategy. Further, it’s repeated in each part of the series. We have to have someone that survived (usually alone,) from a failed vault, only to make it out to land that was able to survive, whereupon he/she becomes strong enough to save the world from further destruction by man in some way.

If the cake was a lie, the more common refrain from all of us should be, “the vaults are a lie.”