Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

Added!

Didn’t you already use a Reverb G2 for flight sims?

The crossbuy page

Omg congrats dude, it’s so great!

I haven’t looked into VR at all until now, and am considering options. Is it correct that the Quest 2 requires a facebook account?

It does, although you don’t have to use that account for anything else if you don’t want to. But you can’t make a fake account unless you want to risk a ban and lose all your purchases…

Yep, still do. Picked this one up because I’m doing some career-future-related stuff where I want to be fully on top of what’s going on with VR. I’ve been keeping up with the market, and the tech advancements coming, but it makes sense to be fully hands-on familiar with what’s turning out to be the market-leading (and possibly market-changing) headset.

Also, we have two gaming PCs in the house, so now my son and I can do multiplayer VR stuff. :)

Yep. Everything You Need To Know: Facebook Login, User Data And Privacy On Meta Quest Headsets

Thanks. That cuts the Quest 2 from my list without a doubt.

https://www.vrfitnessinsider.com/smash-drums-release-date/

I liked the demo, one of the better things in App Lab. I wonder how many songs will bring by that price.

DCS multicrew works pretty darn great these days. Fly a jet trainer with him, or a huey…

Oh, so purely for research purposes then. Got it! ;)

That feeling when you’re so excited to record a VR game, you forget to turn off overlays in OBS.

Still, the game, BattleGroup VR, is AMAZING.

Well I did somehow break the tutorial, so still kinda ea, but otherwise it was great fun, did the first campaign mission with no issues. Had a wonderful time.

I tried out Wizards: Enhanced edition last night, and had a ton of fun. I do see that the sequel has a lot better rating on Steam - am I wasting my time playing the first one, and might as well jump to the second one instead?

Hah, thats true - Was just curious if I could haven even MORE fun!

Facebook definition of ‘free’ is funny. I received the new facial interface in my home… except I had to sent the UPS guy back with it, because they sent it from USA and not from Europe, and they wanted 22€ from customs, lol.

Hope y’all don’t mind me pimping a little bit, but BattleGroupVR is amaaaazing. Just ignore the overlays I, in my excitement, forgot to remove.

There was an article upthread that you can buy the “Quest 2 for business”, which doesn’t require Facebook login, but that costs $500 more, so $800 instead of $300, which is how much value they put on your data that they’re collecting on the $300 version I guess.

As I understand it you’re locked out of the store if you buy the enterprise version.

• We’re bringing Multi-User and App Sharing to owners of the original Quest.
  • A new Casting feature will let you superimpose your real-world self over the digital world.
  • And if you’re already using the system-level Infinite Office features, then iOS phone notifications, a new Passthrough environment shortcut, a Files App, and more will help you stay productive with your headset on.

Or maybe it’s the price of the enterprise-level support you get. Or the platform tools and infrastructure. They’re not just selling the hardware to business.

Or maybe just the value in games they won’t be recouping via sales in the store.