Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

I am VERY interested in BattleGroup VR. It is at the top of my list and has been very hard to not buy it. I just want to give it more time to cook before I play it for the first time.

Any multiplayer in that? Really sells the capital ship battle ethos.

I cannot blame you there. I usually try EA games once and then let them simmer until they hit 1.0.

It looks like the dev wants to add multiplayer, it’s just not there yet.

Scavenger is an amazing game I will never, ever play again.

I emailed the dev for a Hard Vacuum key and am still awaiting a reply.

Ooh, looks like Audica is cross-buy if you get it on the Oculus Store. I’m looking for a few more native apps for the Quest 2. (I have a TON of PC VR already.)

Quick explanation why?

It’s fucking terrifying and I’m never touching it again.

It says only a “dash” of horror. But, in VR any “dash” is poop inducing!

It was heart attack-inducing without VR.

watches trailer

Oh yeah no I am never playing that.

Just bought it! Quick pointer to the community song manager you’re using, please? :)

I think this is the first VR game to support DLSS! Should help smooth out the often-ropey performance…

I bought In Death:unchained - Does the aim seem off to anyone else? Its like it a off a bit to left?

And its damn hard to hit anything - that could just be training of course, but I haven’t found any settings to change the aim.

The aim is all you… zero assist, the only setting is which hand you hold the bow in. :)

Although the Quest v29 list of features from the blog doesn’t seem that interesting (at least, if you don’t have an iPhone), it has a pair of extra things not mentioned in the blog, like the (virtual) controllers now show the dots battery indicators, instead of being on the universal menu, and it seems they have unlocked the 120hz in both Link and AirLink.

We also have not commented how it seems ads are coming to the store. First in the mobile app, but eventually will come to VR itself.

Tomorrow Yupitergrad will have an update, 10 new levels in time trial, and 120hz for Q2.

Hah - that wasn’t what I wanted to hear :-D

But thanks - makes sense!

I’m no archery expert but I stand with my shoulders side on, aim down my bow arm, and draw to the side of my jaw with elbow facing opposite the target. I always try to draw to the same position. The vector from one hand to the other determines where the arrow will go.

I find it helpful to not move the bow arm after firing, that way you can make small adjustments from the previous shot, kind of like dialing in artillery, by moving your bow arm for bigger adjustments and wrist for finer adjustments.

It’s mostly practice much like any skill, you’ll be making the super-long headshots in no time! :)

So how do you buy games in VR? Through a boring flat pancake store like Steam, or in a virtual shop? I’m imagining a store with infinite shelves like when Neo asks for Guns (lots of guns) in the Matrix, with box art on virtual game shelves. Please tell me that’s how it is.

Um…you can buy them on Steam or Oculus, via the web-based store or the in-headset store. It’s not like walking around a virtual EB or something. Who would want that?

Every screenwriter in the 90s, apparently. I didn’t realise until I saw it recently how much of Disclosure revolves around a ludicrously laborious VR filesystem that nobody in their right mind would ever use.

Anyone else tried running Cyberpunk (or really anything) in VorpX? It kind of works with my gamepad, but it seems to keep wanting to swap back to the Oculus controllers (I have a Quest 2). Also there is head tracking lag that makes me a bit queasy when nothing else in VR has. Does that just go with the VorpX territory or can it be addressed?