Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

For a tethered headset, the thinner/lighter they can make them, the better. Cables tend to tug/weigh down your head movements.

C.f. the official Oculus Link cable, where fibre optics make it really thin and light for such a decent length passive cable.

Thanks mate your updates are appreciated. Definitely going to try out the Mechwarrior 5 mod!

I got an email the other day saying it was still coming but delayed for various reasons. Check your spam maybe.

I think I posted here when my replacement interface arrived a while back, it was a third-party VR Cover one or something. I didn’t think they were doing those anymore, now they offer the latex cover for the standard interface.

I ordered one of the free latex covers too, and it also arrived late last week! It did take a while to arrive though. It was an official ‘Oculus’ thing.

About a week after I ordered the silicon cover I got a message from Oculus that it couldn’t be delivered because there was a problem with the address, which is nonsense because it’s the same address I always use, and indeed the one they shipped my Quest to. Anyway, re:entered the address and haven’t heard anything since.

I’m not fussed as I don’t have any issues with the original padding, but it would be nice for sharing the headset.

I read the same, a bunch of people were asking data to be confirmed, like phone number or address, even if it was already fine. I suspect they had a much higher number of people asking for a new cover, more than they had estimated initially, so they are trying to reduce the numbers, by doing things like asking x, so if someone doesn’t reply they have the excuse to not ship it to them.

I’m in for a new cable, but immediately got an e-mail saying the part is backordered, so they definitely have a lot of demand for it.

Same, but it shipped around 2-3 days after the ‘no stock’ message and arrived the (business) day after that.

The Skrillex music pack in Beat Saber is pretty banging. Really nice workout tunes with nothing particularly fancy in the saberwork. Unfortunately a couple of the songs (including the forgettable Justin Bieber one) are merely EDM and not dubstep. :( But it does include @ArmandoPenblade favorite “Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites”, which is a really fun track.

But does it have Flux Pavillion’s “I Can’t Stop”?

Goddamn I’m gonna be on a dubstep fix tonight, aren’t I?

You have the EA jigsaw puzzle game Peco Peco for only $5 here.

They will give you a Oculus quest key.

It’s… not as good as the other jigsaw puzzle game, Puzzling Places, it’s more janky and not well thought out, but then again, it’s still unfinished so it could improve. What it got me is how the scale of the pieces is pretty big, big enough to be uncomfortable to grab them and rotate them and join them with your hands, the game seems more designed around room scale, and there was no option to use a cursor o force grab pieces.

V33 is out
https://support.oculus.com/articles/whats-new/release-notes

Supposedly my new face plate thing is arriving today.

Sigh. Very bad news, at least for me.

It seems FB is retiring his support to Quill. Bad. I expected a Quest version of the creator, and instead they are distancing themselves from it. :/

On the other hand, they aren’t closing it down, they are giving the app to the original creator (he originally created it while working at FB), and he is continuing to support it in his new separate company.

And he is opensourcing the format and a reference player, so now someone could publish a version that works for SteamVR

Alyx is on sale.

Humble VR bundle. The good ones (imo) are Paper Beasts, Until you Fall, and A Fisherman’s Tale.

If you haven’t played Alyx yet, don’t miss out. It’s absolutely fantastic.

Alyx bought, really looking forward to it.

Looks decently fun.

Looks cool, but there are no solos!? It’s all rhythm/chords? I wonder if the finger tracking could keep up with advanced players if there were.

A clearly bigger game than the first part.