VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

I think people that do a lot of ice skating would be better at handling continuous move than anyone else :)

Hey maybe Jeff :-)

Doom3 on the Quest2 is pretty nifty.

This game looks very nice

I have a question about how the HMD supposed to sit on your head (HP G2). Is it supposed to be parallel (eyes to where it sits on the back of your head)? Or is it supposed to sit lower, so it pulls down on your cheeks below your eyes a bit, and sits down quite a ways on the back of your head?

Did Dr. Beef release it?

yes.5

What is sidequest?

Really, whatever gives you the clearest image. I get the clearest image with it sitting a bit lower than I’d naturally put it.

On your other question, Sidequest involves installing software on the Oculus Quest. Not pertinent to G2 users. :)

Typically, on the Quest you can only install official stuff from Oculus/FB. If you want to “sideload” unofficial stuff you can use SideQuest to do it.

A software for your pc that serves to as a secondary app store for the Quest. You connect it via usb cable and it will install the app files through it.

Facebook is having a very constrained, ‘curated’ approach to their store, so on it there are some apps not allowed by them.
To make possible install unofficial stuff like that, first you need to setup your Quest in developer mode.

So is warplanes available somewhere official? I can’t find it on Steam.

Looks like it’s just Oculus Quest right now. (Android mobile game, so no PC compability)

They have these on Steam, but no VR support:

Hopefully they’ll port to PC down the road – looks fun.

Yeah I think the big difference there is, HL:A was made for VR from the ground up with love and care by veterans at Valve looking to push the boundaries of the medium, whereas Skyrim VR… wasn’t. ;)

I really hope Elder Scrolls 6 has VR support though, but I kind of doubt it will.

Those offset-mounted guns with individual reticles really offend me. How the hell are those supposed to be useful for aiming? And wouldn’t their absurdity be particularly obvious in a VR game?

Somebody up thread recommended the flying circus expansion for il-2 if you want a great ww1 experience. I wholeheartedly agree. Those planes are so much fun to fly.

Don’t forget Everspace. Took me a couple of hours to grok everything in VR but then I thought it was great.

OH right!

Sorry as I’m still living life a little confused. Does OpenXR (having reprojection off and at 70%) affect SteamVR games? Or is OpenXR only for MS Flight Sim at the moment?

Doom3Quest is kinda the absolute shiznit. Please, Talented People, keep on porting those titles.