VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Note that the quest version of in death is a sequel to the abandoned pc version

PC version is good but they stopped updating it a while ago.

Are you supposed to play No Man’s Sky standing up or sitting down? I’m confused and disoriented.

I play sitting down. It doesn’t really support room scale without adding in some mods, so why stand up!

Yeah it’s a shame the original devs gave up on the game and dropped off the face of the earth. Unchained is certainly superior, but more an expanded version than a proper sequel.

Will it be coming to Steam then?

Nope unfortunately not.

Unchained was ported to Quest by a 3rd party studio and I don’t think they have any plans to turn it back into a PC game. The original devs of the PC game apparently don’t do VR any more.

Good to know. Thanks!

Uh, I had no idea the devs were different.

Do In Death on PC and In Death Unchained on the Quest overlap then. so there would not really be any reason to get both? Are the visuals on the Quest version worse?

Overlap? You mean if it’s cross-buy. It isn’t. You have the list of cross buy apps here

Sorry I wasn’t clear - I meant is the content in the PC version the same as the Quest 2 version.

Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling

I know that doesn’t help much with normal gaming, but could this help with our VR gaming?

They do overlap.

Unchained is a port to the Quest, so it does have worse visuals and (I believe) potentially fewer enemies on screen at once - though the Quest 2 enhancements have probably closed that gap.

But the bigger difference is that Unchained has an additional level, game mode, and more map pieces, and is still under active development.

It does help with normal gaming (by shifting some CPU workload), just not in any noticeable or benchmarkable manner. ;)

It’s more of a setting for future games. I just leave it on as there are no real negatives.

Yes there are. Legacy application run slower and less stable with it on. Until contraindicated, I will not turn it on.

NVidia hotfix is available:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5152/kw/hotfix

Unfortunately I think this is only for SteamVR so we have to wait Lord knows how long til we get the fix needed for MSFS.

The thread I have been following regarding MSFS says to leave hardware accelerated GPU scheduling off. So I do.

It also recommended rolling back nvidia drivers, which I believe has helped. I’m waiting to hear whether the new drivers are recommended before trying them.

Beat Saber now have 90hz in the Quest 2. I still have to try it.

Has anyone tried the 2 player Beat Sabre? I love the game and trying to get my kid to play it on her Quest but she is hesitant…but she loves competition so if the multi Beat Sabre is good, that might get her to start playing.

I tried it but was disappointed that you couldn’t play two different difficulties.

Sometimes I just want to play with a friend even if not competing with them - I’d like to play one difficulty while my friend plays another, just so we can try new songs together even though we’re at different skill levels.

I tried the multiplayer with quick play a couple of months ago. Not my favorite