VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

I’m coming from the Rift CV1 controllers and those were pretty much bang-on for Robo Recall. I was really hoping there was a software solution for this. It seems like it should be fairly trivial to implement.

My easy go-to VR recommendation In Death: Unchained is 20% off, with a ‘big update’ due to land in 5 or so days:

And there’s a Steam sale. The following are currently in my cart. Which should I keep? And which will fall by the way?

• BONEWORKS for $23.99
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Tourist Edition for $39.99 (side note, is the Tourist Edition worth the extra $8?)
  • Arizona Sunshine for $14.79
  • The Room VR: A Dark Matter for $20.09
  • Project CARS 3 Deluxe Edition for $66.49 (because the other thread has convinced me I must have it)

I really enjoyed Arizona Sunshine. It’s really tense, and has co-op.

It’s weird to see a market where games are still ‘expensive’.

I think I would get either Arizona Sunshine or The Walking Dead but not both at the same time. TWD is the better game to me but, of course, it’s more expensive. You might enjoy Arizona now and hold off until TWD is cheaper. The rest look like good picks but I’m waiting for cheaper prices on The Room and Project Cars 3.

The VR title I’m thinking about getting is Until You Fall for $18.74.

I agree! Between my Game Pass sub and all the free Epic games, I’ve almost stopped participating in Steam sales. But I LOVE Steam sales! If I want to buy anything, I have to keep in mind the feeling of when games leave Game Pass, not when they arrive. :)

I am leaning towards TWD, espeically since I saved $20 on Project Cars 3 (bought from GMG - Thanks @BrianRubin!).

Also on my wishlist are Skyrimj VR (never finished the original), Fallout 4 VR (heard mixed things about the VR implementation) and Overload, which is inexpensive and probably more my thing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

https://www.instagram.com/stories/boztank/2507111163916215271/

The 3 I’ve played are all good - TWD, The Room VR, and PC3.

It’s weird to live in a time where $20-40 games are considered expensive. I remember saving up $50 for Commodore 64 games in college. That’s $123 in 2021 money.

The first online game I played cost four bucks an hour. :)

What?

Even money says he’s talking about the heady days of BBS’s.

Oh right, BBS access as opposed to the game itself.

Oh man, the glorious days of Red Dragon, Tradewars, etc. Such good memories!

Success!

OpenVR allows you to modify the angle of your controllers! (but it’s a bit of a pain to use).

Enter OVR:

It’s free and has way too many options, but one of those options is the ability to modify controller angles. Finally I can aim down sights again without cocking my wrist at an unnatural angle.

Cool! Why is it a pain to use?

The version of OpenVR I was using prior to OVR was just challenging to set up correctly. OVR meanwhile offers a ton of features but I use nothing but the controller orientation settings and it works great. (To be clear, afaik, OVR just wraps a GUI around settings that OpenVR exposes).

I he a dumb question. How do you use OVR Advanced Settings? I have it downloaded and installed but when I run it I don’t see anything happen.

Tried it for 30 minutes. Refunded. Maybe it’s worth playing enough to get the aiming to feel solid, but it never did for me.