VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

I had a call with them just now. Still on track for next week. Wednesday the guy said.

Lol. Those top packs do lean toward electronic music, so if that’s not your bag totally understandable :) I still think they’re really good packs though.

I think the Linkin Park pack in particular is slightly harder than the other packs. And there’s some variation in the patterns for a couple of the others that make them seem harder until you get used to them, but–at least on Expert/Expert+, which is what I usually play–I think they have reasonable parity with the core packs.

That said, the free Camelia pack is insane. They’re all at least one level harder than standard.

And welcome to the forums!

So true - and loooong as well, which only makes it worse!

Welp, still no response from support, so I just put in for a refund via Oculus and ordered another Quest 2 from Amazon, which should arrive tomorrow. Gonna take this dead unit to the UPS store at lunch to return it.

Hopefully the Amazon unit works.

I finally got unstuck in the Beat Saber Campaign. I couldn’t get past level 14, until I realized the goal for minimum hand movement counted movement even when I wasn’t slicing. Then level 14 was easy. 15 wasn’t bad either, so I guess I will see how far I can progress again.

Welcome @ArenjiChaos

Well, if the second unit is also broken you would have an incredible back luck!

Either that or he should rethink the wisdom adjusting the headstrap with a sledgehammer.

I’m glad it won’t take a month to get you a new unit.

@BrianRubin - good idea on the Amazon and refund thingie.

Would totally be a sign from God. The Lord doesn’t want just anyone to have VR. . . .

Interested to see how these work. My glasses don’t fit well in the Quest 2, so I’m thinking this might be the best solution to use them long term.

Has anyone here finished Red Matter? It took me a while to get into it as the amazing realism of the graphics made it all feel slightly unnerving. Once I became convinced that I wasn’t going to be chased by anything I started to really enjoy the puzzles. Only the geometric sculpture puzzle in the Habitat really stumped me - I swear I got the code right and in the right order but it kept rejecting it, then suddenly it worked and I don’t know what I accidentally did differently.

Anyway, the ending.

I think what happened is that

on the moon base they’re analysing the red mould and it starts to take over the base. So two of them escape but Sasha is left behind and maybe taken over by the red matter? Then another team arrives and recovers Sasha’s body, hoping to uncover the research Sasha was doing.

They attempt to do this by setting up a brain link into Sasha (the ‘pawn’) and convincing her that she’s agent epsilon working for the enemies of the Volgravians, but Sasha’s mind fights back (represented by the red spacesuit).

Eventually Sasha’s mind wake’s up and takes over the body of the director/professor/whoever the person ‘guiding’ you in the game is. The final character who speaks to you refers to you as ‘professor’. I’m not sure if they’re aware that you’ve been transferred into the other body, or that was their plan all along, but in any case their final words are “Slava, comrade” which implies that there was no other organisation infiltrating the base but it was Volgravia throughout.

I’m just left confused as to whether Sasha having a new body is what the final woman wanted, or whether they don’t realise it’s happened, whether that was the intention all along, or the Volgravians just wanted the research and this was the only way to get it. In other words, I get what happened, I just don’t quite understand why.

Any thoughts?

I haven’t heard of it but it is now wishlisted, thanks!

I played it one year and half ago, and I can’t remember what I thought of the end, sorry.

I loved the way it made you feel like you were exerting real strength when pulling things apart. Once I’d turned off the jetpack and switched to teleport movement I found the mechanics of the game just wonderful.

Now I’ve seen what can be achieved, I keep thinking of all the narrative ‘walking simulator’ type games I’ve enjoyed (Eg ‘Everyone’s Gone to the Rapture’, ‘Dear Esther’, ‘Firewatch’, ‘Gone Home’, ‘Tacoma’ etc) and thinking how amazing they’d have been in VR. ‘Vanishing Grace’, while a good first effort in VR, was rather weaksauce imo.

Finishing up the Room VR now, that’s been awesome so far. Sounds like Red Matter is next on my shopping list. I am not a big fan of the run and gun shooters, but the puzzle games and casual stuff is awesome so far.

Alien Isolation has built in VR

You do need to use the Mother mod to enable support for modern HMD though

It is quite an eye opener to see how big and scary an Alien really is. I recall cowering underneath space tables with sweaty fondness. :)

It is extraordinary in VR. The Alien is, well, the Alien. But the environments themselves… (chef’s kiss]

Isn’t there some mod that would turn it into a Smurf or something :-)